Mommy Moments is where Moms muse about motherhood and show off their kids. Joys, worries, disappointments, hopes, challenges and successes are shared.Chris hosts this meme every Friday at The Mommy Journey.
With the way things are going for me I know I will not be celebrating Christmas normally. This year though I got a wonderful surprise. People at home did something they rarely do and I was ecstatic! Cj did not face the camera long enough but it was okay. A boy's got to go play I know, I know :)
"I am eating mani (peanut)," Cj stressed when I asked him what was he doing. He swayed his glossy hair muttering quietly 'Mommy, Mommy...' before he went out of the bedroom to play with cousins. My mother then took over the keyboard. Blimey! my 69-year old mother finally chatting with me online? Do I really get a rest now from expensive overseas calls? I hope Cj's computer gets a rest too from the dust or cobweb.
Technology does a perfect job of bringing us closer to l…
Musical Monday: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, EHSS Scroll down for Monday Mayhem
Right. Good-looking. Talented. Cute. And I'm supposed to believe life is fair? *Kidding* Take note of the final score - powerful thoracic diaphragms belting on. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ernie Haase & Signature Sound.
1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show? I know there are so many out there, but my life is riddled with work right now. It also is no help that this country I am in does not recognize Christmas except for commercial purposes.
2. What holiday character do you think you're most like? -pass-
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most li…
Saturday 9: How's it gonna be Scroll down for Weekend Funnies
1. How's it gonna be in 2011 for you?Hopefully achieving one major goal.
2. What is your idea of a perfect romantic evening? Lots of good conversation and proper hugs
3. What strategy would you implement to deal with drug abuse in today's world? Legalize use. Abusers can destroy themselves for all I care.
4. What thing about your family are you least proud of? Wanton disregard for a law or two. If there are recent issues I am usually the last person to know.
5. What part of the holidays are you really looking forward to? A quorum of great company
6. Who is the last person you high-fived? Why? My long-haired son, when we landed at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. The immigration officer mistook him for a girl and forgot to fuss that one of his passports was expired. We made it home.
7. Have you ever made out at a drive-in? No, and I don't think I will ever be in the mood for it.
Mai sai prik na ka, (no chili, please) is what I always say when I buy a short-order meal. Sometimes the instruction is followed; sometimes I just have to sip ice cold Coke all the way. Chili is major in Thailand. Where fruit chunks are what you normally see on your blender, it is chili here. You have to watch what you sniff or look at if you pass by street food cooking or you sneeze and tear up as some aroma finds its way to your eyes and nostrils.
Biting red and dry, these quiet chilis are practically harmless... until they are stir frying in the wok. What could be next...
Ingredients beyond what makes up ketchup or mustard are on display too. It is early Sunday market in Saraburi. This tent finally sets me in the mood for commerce.
Musical Monday: Jingle Bell Rock, Charice Scroll down for Monday Mayhem
It was Josh Groban I saw on similar Rockefeller Center events kicking off the Christmas season. It's great to see a fellow pinay taking the stage this year. And for the first time I really listened to Jingle Bell Rock. Maybe I need a lively beat to survive another Christmas alone. Not that going absolutely solo is new to me... lol .... Alright. Enough emote. Let's rock...
Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop ***********************Monday Mayhem: The Holiday Reader Poll Today our meme is based upon several reader's poll's including the current issue of InStyle Magazine. 1. Do you RSVP to all of your invites over the holidays? Yes, more so if the catering involves high costs
Sunday Stealing: The Dwight Twilley Meme Scroll down for Our Weekend Memoirs
Today we ripped this meme off not from a blogger but from a website that does (among other things) celebrity interviews. On Friday they asked 20 questions to recording artist Dwight Twilley. The site is called Pop Matters and you can read the original interview here. We enjoyed the questions so much that we decided to steal them! We only did very slight editing to make a couple of the questions more universal. We hope you enjoy latest our and greatest! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
1. The latest book or movie that made you cry? Miss Potter
2. The fictional character most like you? Tinker Bell. Or so my Ugly Duckling cousin believes
3. The greatest album, ever? My Single Life Album
4. Star Trek or Star Wars? Why? I don't know eitherof them
5. Your ideal brain food? Cashew nuts and raisins
6. Everyone is proud of a certain accomplishment, which one for you?? I'll leave this blank until the son I am raisin…
Weekend Funnies: Brown Humor Scroll down for Saturday 9
This is a passage from Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, p. 299-300. I don't know what got into me but this part cracked me up --
The homeless man on the bench in front of the Library of Congress rubbed his eyes and watched the strange scene unfolding before him. A white Volvo had just jumped the curb, lurched across the deserted pedestrian walkway, and screeched to a halt at the foot of the Library's main entrance. An attractive, dark-haired woman had leaped out, anxiously surveying the area, and spotting the homeless man had shouted, 'Do you have a phone?'
Lady, I don't have a shoe.
Apparently realizing as much, the woman dashed up the staircase toward the library's main doors. Arriving at the top of the stairs, she grabbed the handle and tried to open each of the three giant doors.
The library's closed, lady.
But the woman didn't seem to care. She seized one of the heavy, ring-shaped handles, heaved it…
Musical Monday & Monday's Music Moves Me: Words Get in the Way Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem
Something's whirling in my head. It made me stall in the middle of a wide space between university buildings yesterday. Thank goodness I am blogging as it helps me realize this insanity is hardly rocket science. Here's Gloria Estefan moving me, "there is so much I want to say but it's locked deep inside..."
Sunday Stealing: The Baker's Meme Scroll down for Our Weekend Memoirs
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Reymos at the blog My World is Getting Smaller Every Day. He states he got it from Carl Dorsey at Iron Cook: American. (and Carl stated it was written by Thomas Baker, thus today's title). But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Note: There were a bunch of rules and mandates that we were suppose to give but Bud lost them. Or hid them, either way it is his bad.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. If you could interview anyone on your blog (alive or dead) who would you chose and why? Perhaps JA. I want to know what she thinks of the evolution of her fave subject
2. What do you feel is your strength as a blogger? answering memes (lol)
3. Can you share a little bit about yourself that you have not already mentioned on your blog? I am bra…