Skip to main content

Nobody knows the truffles I've seen

Our Weekend Memoirs: First things first
Scroll down for Sunday Stealing

A nasty cold was mangling my nose into a mound of peeling red on new year's day. I fought it with antibiotics and sneezed through the first day of 2011. Same old, same old except that I like to think this is the way I am saying goodbye for the first time to a favorite past-time.


Where Miranda Priestley would have called me an incubus of viral plague, C hang out with me in a resort town to see the day go by. This is my first coffee of the year.

C's first detox food

and her first dessert, which I pecked at occasionally. The nose was still stuffy. C was brave.

We proceeded to Hilton where we drank the night away listening to live music. If I didn't remember that I used to frequent Hilton twelve years ago, my margarita would probably have tasted new. Oh well.


Time to get back to reality. Face another year of crap. Until the next getaway then.

Ebie and Arlene host Our Weekend Memoirs

***************

Sunday Stealing: The Ace Meme, Part One

Today we ripped off a blogger named Ace of Hadeon from the blog My Heroes Have Always Been Scientists. Since it is 100 questions we will do it it in three parts. He stated he jacked this from Padme 18. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? I was too immersed in nautical dreams I held an iron too close to the side of my lap. At least it didn't look like frustrated suicide.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? A painting I bought in the Thai-Myanmar border.

3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? When I was a kid I was told I did all these except snore. Now I surf cyberspace in my sleep.

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? It depends on the mood and mode.

5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN? Around 10 AM or I could mistake that for my son's.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? To accomplish efond by February 3rd.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Someone's chest.

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)? Right now, a tiny flash drive containing work that will determine where will I be in the next 3 years.

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? Too short for my 6'2" prince

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? No

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? No

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? The X, bless him.

13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR? That I can't pull off this stunt I got myself into.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? Jet black

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING? Somewhere near some form of help. I don't want to cause chaos in the mind of someone whose orientation is different from mine.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee baby anytime

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Salami

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? A decent breakfast. I'm off to work in a few minutes. Yes, I'm working on a Sunday.

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Purple

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? Maybe by mistake

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED? Some nice words

22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? I have them all the time

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? Sometimes I wish I were

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Not big on brands. As long as it fits, feels good on both skin and purse, shoot.

25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY? T.L.

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW? Yes

27. WHAT KIND IS IT? Toy poodle

28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? I've fallen in love knowing that the person was not even around physically. This is where I am perfectly insane.

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED? 9

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES? Stereotyping is getting old

32. FAVORITE QUOTE? Nobody knows the truffles I've seen.

33. FAVORITE PLACE? A cottage with books, beautiful tea sets and calming music.


Bud Weiser hosts Sunday Stealing

Comments

Ebie said…
Yeah, its always fun to have a weekend getaway. I tried to do away with coffee, I was only good for 3 months, and now I am back!

P.S. Sorry, for the linky, we have off and on internet connection here at the cabin.
I am Harriet said…
Salami is good on pizza.

Have a great rest of your weekend.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/seriously-are-we-asking-this/
Join us for Monday Mayhem

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,