1. Mother’s Day. Thailand celebrates Mother’s Day on the same day as the Queen’s birthday, August 12th. My girl friend and I celebrated in a posh mall, giggled over girl talk, and ate like there was never any bulging tummy to worry about.
2. "Good things come in threes." That's what my friend (the one in no.1) says she read or heard somewhere. She just had a family reunion, unexpectedly met someone nice and got hired to do a job where she can practise her writing hobby and at the same time work in a place that suits her medical degree. Her news about what’s happening is a ray of sunshine to my not very bright days. I am happy for her.
3. Attending Cj’s school dance. It was a presentation by kids to honor mothers, and my first time to witness my son on stage. I was thrilled. He was very shy; I didn't even get a decent capture, but I don't care. The fact that he finished dancing is enough for me and I'm proud of him.
4. Acting civil with the Ex. After Cj’s dance, Ex treated me to a late lunch at MK Restaurant. All three of us looked like family again. This time Ex and I talked like friends. He spoke about liquid assets, interest rates - topics I don't know much about, but the air remained friendly and that to me seemed like a good sign that we can ever talk civil again.
More at Living to Tell the Story
5. LOST Seasons 4 and 5. Ex and I may have this animosity between us, but we dare not imply it in front of Cj. At least we try to behave our best to keep Cj away from noticing something more negative than the present circumstances we are in. Out of the blue he offered to lend me his LOST DVDs after I mentioned in passing that I haven't watched it since 2008. I was surprised but I swallowed my pride and accepted the DVDs. I hope it somehow was a step towards character improvement.