Skip to main content

What to say...

~ brought to you by Jori and Diane ~

It's not necessarily the lyrics but the rhythm that had me singing along with this Ric Segreto song since yesterday. The part that moved me in a way that I enjoyed very much is the syncophation after 'what to say...' I sang and swayed to this music repeatedly yesterday which annoyed my five-year old. He went, "Mommy! stop stop stop!" and tried to cover my mouth. I teased him and continued singing along, "Baby Pooh, what what what?!... to sayyyyy....."


Comments

EJ said…
hahaha your son sounds like my daughter when she don't want to hear us singing, she'll beg for us to stop lol..
Hazel said…
I still don't know why or what is it with kids not wanting to hear their parents sing, lol! actually I am the same way as my son with my mother when I was a kid.
LOL I didn't want to hear my mom sing because she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. :) My dad's a good singer, though. I inherited my musical ability from him. Nice song!
Anonymous said…
Ummm can I agree with CJ LOL This is one of those that you have to be in the mood to hear...or at least getting your hips and ass to move in the same direction LOL.
Anya said…
Your song today is great,
even Kareltje likes it ,
he is now not running away ..... LOL
Have a nice day :)
Amy said…
I am still lucky my little one does not mind it when I sing to her. I know I do not sound that great either. Happy MOnday....
Hazel said…
Lorielle, my mom could carry a tune but there were times i still didn't want her to sing =)

Thom, so nobody takes my side now bohohoho... LOL!

Anya, oh thank God Kareltje didn't run away today =)

Amy, your little one maybe just wont mind unlike mine, and you can sing all you want =)
Anonymous said…
Annoying the children is one of the highlights of parenting.
Run DMT said…
I hadn't heard this song before. So sorry that your little one ruined the moment for you. Too cute! Happy MM!
Hazel said…
Mejis, that's the cutest idea I've heard today, lol!
Hazel said…
Run, I think it was more like I ruined my kid's morning with my horrible voice, lol! I had fun though he didn't :( ... :)
My kids like to stop me from singing too -- unfortunately for them it just makes me sing louder! LOL

Happy MM!
Hazel said…
Karen, sometimes it is just fun to tease or annoy our children, isn't it? LOL! given rarely in small doses, I guess it doesn't harm.
Diane said…
aaww you guys!! my kids love it when i sing! lol

great song!
Hazel said…
oh lucky you Diane! lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...