Skip to main content

Sunday Stealing: The Mud Meme


Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Miranda from the blog The Times of Miranda. She thanks to Mud for prodding some fodder her way, in the way of a meme. But, it was probably stolen at that blog as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Cheers to us all thieves!


Join the fun.

1. What are your current obsessions? travelling and quaint cottages

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? my old maid work uniform

3. What's for dinner? eating out by and by at a restaurant called Banana Leaf

4. Last thing you bought? food

5. What are you listening to? Dobby speaking to Harry (son is watching HP2 a few inches away)

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? Isis

7. Favorite holiday spots? beach and mountain resorts

8. Reading right now? RD, December 2006

9. 4 words to describe yourself. bored, resolute, robot, hopeful

10. Guilty pleasure? unplanned shopping; it happens once in a blue moon though

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? memories of college silliness

12. Planning to travel to next? Beijing or Tokyo

13. Best thing you ate or drank lately? pomegranate martini

14. When did you last get tipsy? weeks ago at Hard Rock; the first time in 9 years

15. Care to share some wisdom? Listen to Max Ehrmann :-)

16. Nicest thing anyone’s ever said to you? "Thank you, Mommy!"

Comments

Paula said…
Ah I wish I was going to Beijing....Have a great Sunday
Carleen said…
I watched HP2 yesterday, too -- talk about a small world! Happy Sunday to you and the HP fan. :)
I am Harriet said…
I forgot what's like to partake in unplanned shopping......
Hootin Anni said…
Every time we traveled, I always had to check out the Hard Rock Cafes. I think the best one was in Honolulu. They're great places.

My Stolen Meme is posted. Come join me? Have a great day.
Lisa G said…
Wish I were going to Beijing too! Have a happy Sunday :)
Arlne said…
Yeah zel, pareho jud ta answer sa # 7. hehehe

Thanks for dropping by!
Anonymous said…
Isis oooooooooh!!!!

and if shoppin happens once in a blue moon you are coast clear :)

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/04/mud-bath.html
You can't beat a pomegranate martini! Great job. Enjoy your day...
Maria's Space said…
Awww...thank you Mommy is a great answer.
Jayne d'Arcy said…
This meme had me running into quite a few HP fans. Funny that. Nice to meet you!
kalea_kane said…
Ah I love the idea of going away to the mountains or the beach for that matter. :) Happy Sunday!
said…
Pomegranate martini sounds sooo intriguing!
Genefaith said…
this post is interesting...sis you're invited here..http://www.genejostory.com/2009/04/international-bloggers-community.html

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,