Skip to main content

Filipino Store in Bangkok

Look at my loot! I can't believe my luck. Two days ago, a friend and I went to the Filipino Store in Silom. I should have blogged about this right away but I was busy eating!

For someone who misses the food of home very much, this is palatal rapture.

And guess what was my appetizer for lunch today -- the blessed bagoong! (absent in the photos; fridge-tucked away) With tomatoes aplenty, my alimentary canal was probably the most indulged in the Sukhumvit 101 area today.

The sopas is for my kiddo. And I'm getting myself a big, pink fish and some veggies for the sinigang sa sampalok.

Last night I noshed on pancit canton chilli mansi.

A familiar yum that went with routine clicking on the keyboard made a very delightful evening!

That was one time I wished I had Filipino neighbors in the apartment.

The sunflower crackers and about two packets of noodles are free. But the best part really is the price. These goodies are affordable. I just love their business common sense.

They posted their address on friendster, or you can google "filipino store in Bangkok" for more info.

This sari-sari store has been existing since 2007, but because I flew home twice that year, I didn't look for it. Now that I'm not planning to be in Pinas for several months more, I am gratified to have the store within reach.

Comments

Rona said…
miss ko na rin boy bawang! arte ko andito lang naman ako sa PI hahaha! tagal ko na kasi di kumain at baka magka-UTI ako ulit. Daming food :P
Hazel said…
boy bawang naku! dami pang cheese sarap sarap sarap! hay naku Rona, tuwang-tuwa byote ko sa new discovery na 'to :))
Genefaith said…
sis salamat lahat fave ko..yehheeeyyyy bili ako jan, ang layo naman oi...

thanks for sharing...
Genefaith said…
kumusta naman ang price? ok lng ba kasi sa penang x3 eh...he..he..
Hazel said…
oo nga sis, malayo sa inyo but if you're flying into Bangkok, i guess there's a bus right from suvanabhumi to saladaeng where the store is.

price is affordable. a pack of noodles costs about 10-15 baht, the spaghetti sauce is 45 baht, the vienna sausage is 60 baht, and so on. that's the idea
Hazel said…
oh, by the way, while you are shopping, you could hear charice pempengco too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...