Skip to main content

Filipino Store in Bangkok

Look at my loot! I can't believe my luck. Two days ago, a friend and I went to the Filipino Store in Silom. I should have blogged about this right away but I was busy eating!

For someone who misses the food of home very much, this is palatal rapture.

And guess what was my appetizer for lunch today -- the blessed bagoong! (absent in the photos; fridge-tucked away) With tomatoes aplenty, my alimentary canal was probably the most indulged in the Sukhumvit 101 area today.

The sopas is for my kiddo. And I'm getting myself a big, pink fish and some veggies for the sinigang sa sampalok.

Last night I noshed on pancit canton chilli mansi.

A familiar yum that went with routine clicking on the keyboard made a very delightful evening!

That was one time I wished I had Filipino neighbors in the apartment.

The sunflower crackers and about two packets of noodles are free. But the best part really is the price. These goodies are affordable. I just love their business common sense.

They posted their address on friendster, or you can google "filipino store in Bangkok" for more info.

This sari-sari store has been existing since 2007, but because I flew home twice that year, I didn't look for it. Now that I'm not planning to be in Pinas for several months more, I am gratified to have the store within reach.

Comments

Rona said…
miss ko na rin boy bawang! arte ko andito lang naman ako sa PI hahaha! tagal ko na kasi di kumain at baka magka-UTI ako ulit. Daming food :P
Hazel said…
boy bawang naku! dami pang cheese sarap sarap sarap! hay naku Rona, tuwang-tuwa byote ko sa new discovery na 'to :))
Genefaith said…
sis salamat lahat fave ko..yehheeeyyyy bili ako jan, ang layo naman oi...

thanks for sharing...
Genefaith said…
kumusta naman ang price? ok lng ba kasi sa penang x3 eh...he..he..
Hazel said…
oo nga sis, malayo sa inyo but if you're flying into Bangkok, i guess there's a bus right from suvanabhumi to saladaeng where the store is.

price is affordable. a pack of noodles costs about 10-15 baht, the spaghetti sauce is 45 baht, the vienna sausage is 60 baht, and so on. that's the idea
Hazel said…
oh, by the way, while you are shopping, you could hear charice pempengco too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...