Skip to main content

A goofy, happy birthday


~ head over to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for more faves ~

Another week. Another set of faves :)

1. Mozart. I rang Mama for a quick chat and my firstborn yapped loudly. I feel so happy when I hear him in the background during phone chats; it lessens the ache from missing him terribly.

2. Apartment restaurant. There are times I am just not into preparing meals. This week I am exactly that. The restaurant five floors below is only a dial away. Their staff deliver your order right to your door in a few minutes.

3. Clinic Clear. I seem to be forever looking for a shampoo that can command my hair soft and light. It's a positive surprise to notice my hair behaving in a way I want it to after experimenting with Clinic Clear. The price also made me smile - it's very cheap.

4. Birthday present. My friend and I spent a fair amount of time in a Malaysian cosmetics shop testing products. I noticed her admiring one particular tube, but put it back on the shelf. Then we proceeded to Hip Coffee. She mentioned her approaching birthday and I knew right away what to give her!

5. Food and fellowship. Wednesday came. I rushed from work to her birthday dinner at another friend's home. Former classmates were there. The bonding felt great. I appreciate the birthday girl's effort to include my food wish on the menu. And I'm glad she was delighted to have the hair lotion :-)

The birthday girl is the one wearing green, goofing. She's 3rd and I'm 4th from the right. I'm sooo getting killed for the second time today -)

Comments

Willow said…
What a fun week, especially the birthday party! (And you're both so cute!)
Susanne said…
Your week made me smile. I love when I can come upon the perfect gift for someone!
Lisa notes... said…
How nice to have that food delivery option. It would be very tempting to me. Looks like you were having lots of fun with your friends. Wonderful.
momstheword said…
Welcome to Alicia's meme. Glad you joined us!

So your dog is a poodle? I have a toy poodle and a beagle. I'll bet you miss your dog alot!

Great birthday photo and looks like you had fun!
Anonymous said…
LOL...the second time today your getting killed? LOL poor thing. Run for the hills my friend. What a great picture and nope you aren't bald LOL. Excellent FFF. The puppy is cute. Have a great Friday :) Aloha
nanay said…
Nice knowing you. Thanks for the visit. My daughter's family is in Hatyai.
Marg said…
Sounds like you are always celebrating something. I love your quick delivery food options. And then Mozart? How dare we call our animals Mozart? (joke) I just went to Salzburg to learn about the musical composer Mozart.
Have a fun week.
Jerralea said…
I'm jealous that you can have food delivered to your door! I live out in the country and I have to drive at least 15 miles to get takeout!

It's great you were paying attention to something your friend wanted when you were shopping. I'm sadly lacking in observation abilities ...

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...