Skip to main content

The Ellie Bellie Meme

Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Ellen White from the blog Ellie Bellie Blog. She states that she has been "dragged into this new cult of memeing". She does not explain what blogger "dragged her". But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing.

Cheers to all us thieves!

what are your most common nicknames?
* Mae, Zel

what is today's weather?
* sunshiney with a dainty shower

where did go on vacation this year?
* Lopburi, Pattaya, Chantaburi

what did you do there?
* ruins in Lobpuri, night life in Pattaya, nature fun in Chantaburi

where did you stay?
* hotel in Lopburi, English inn in Pattaya, friend's house in Chantaburi

what job do you do?
* babysit monkeys

describe where you live.
* early in the morning someone speaks thru a megaphone, and the dogs howl, the megaphone man stops yakking, repeat. they are my alarm clock. there's a restaurant on the ground floor where you can order meals if you're lazy to cook

what do you usually do on weekends?
* eat out

what food hits your 'bliss spot'?
* crispy fried deep sea fish with mango salad, durian macadamia ice cream & moist chocolate cheese cake

what drink really does it for you?
* anything that compliments what I eat

describe the first friend that comes to your head.
* highly intelligent, amazingly stupid

what was the last restaurant you went to?
* Thai

where would you like to live if you had unlimited moneys and nothing stopping your dreams?
* in a beautiful cottage in the quaint English countryside

what is the likeliness of you achieving this dream home?
* it depends on the certainty of "nothing stopping your dreams"

what do you like to do in your spare time?
* read Jane Austen or play the piano

what's your favorite genre for TV programs?
* I watch news only nowadays

what's your favorite genre for music?
* mellow rock

what's your favorite song that's sad?
* Michael Johnson's Doors

what's your favorite soppy film?
* Titanic

how about your favorite chick flick?
* Pride and Prejudice

what are you looking forward to at the moment?
* a visit to an arts and culture centre after my birthday lunch today

what are you dreading at the moment?
* it's my birthday today, I'm looking forward to something

how would you describe your personality?
* melancholic-choleric

if you had a personality eraser, what part of yours might you erase?
* my tendency to procrastinate

you are given $5000 to spend in 1 day, what do you do with it? remember, no limitations!
* $5000 is not enough but it can pay off part of what I want to buy: a ticket to somewhere over the rainbow

what is your biggest fear?
* dying alone in a rickety rocking chair

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where over the rainbow do you want to go? Watch out for the Wicked Witch LOL. Great answers. OKay I'm confused about your birthday. I thought it was last week. I saw a post up that it was and now you saying it's again? How many do you have in a year LOL. :) Happy Sunday Stealing :)
I am Harriet said…
Babysit monkeys- to funny.


Have a great Sunday.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/someone-stole-from-ellie-bellie.html
Hootin Anni said…
Wow...your 'blissful' food makes me drool.

My Sunday Stealing is now posted. Hope you can stop by to join me...HERE.
Hazel said…
Hi Thom, LOL! last week was my friend's birthday, not mine. the other week was her majesty's birthday but i got to celebrate it coz i'm a mom and the queen's birthday is also mother's day in thailand. i'll watch out for the witch
Hazel said…
Harriet, we got too many monkeys here too

Anni, that makes two of us drooling lol!
Anonymous said…
I like how you described your friend. lol
Becca said…
Intelligent and stupid make for a horrible combination :(
Anya said…
~Babysit monkeys ....... LOL
I have also tooooooooooooo many
monkeys at home ;)

~First I thought also you had birthday !!!!!!

~( I think .... want at date with you.... LOL ; ) :-)
Bud Fisher said…
Happy birthday, dear Hazel, happy birthdat to you! Enjoy your special day. Oh. Why am I still here? I'm waiting for vthe cake. I'll try to be quiet until you serve it...
Hazel said…
hi Mejis, a fantastic friend mine is :)

hi Becca, most of the time not really

hi Anya, at home i got one monkey, at work i got a mountain of monkeys , lol!

Hi Lorielle, =)
Hazel said…
Hi Bud, thanks a lot. cake is on the way... :)
Arlene said…
Happy Birthday, Zel! May you have many more birthdays to come. Bantug wala ka play ug OWM. The babysit thing - dili sila makasabut ana? ok pa diay freedom diha no. China pa ka..dugay na ka dili ka blog. Mao dili na accessible all freehosted blogs nowadays because people write what they observe. They even read your emails if you are on the list. :D

Anyway, i played Sun stealing on tusday. better late than never eh.

the wedding abobot photos are now posted too in my Joys in life blog.

See ya around. :)
Hazel said…
Arlene, of course they understand babysit. but who is "sila" and what "on the list" are you talking about? it sounds like fire and brimstone condemnation, lol! i don't care about not being able to blog in china. that's why i'm not there :D

"people write what they observe" that's common knowledge and the hell they do. and our freedom in Thailand? rest assured we take care of it very well, although i'm sure there are loads about it that you don't know so it's safe and better for you or anyone to steer clear of it particularly if we're not talking about expert opinion or whatever that would impress authorities :D

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...