Skip to main content

T13: Women as explained by engineers

Header by Samulli. Play T13 here.

Here's another EnjoyTheMasti mail which I don't consider spam while the fun it brings lasts. The claim is nobody understands women better than engineers do. Their definition is composed of five parts consisting significant points about women, all numbered 1 to 13 which make up my list today.

I. HAZARDOUS MATERIAL DATA SHEET

1. Element: Woman, Symbol: O+, Discoverer: Adam

2. Atomic Mass: Accepted as 55 kg. but known to vary from 45 kg. to 225 kg.


II. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES

3. Body surface normally covered with film of powder and paint

4. Boils at absolutely nothing - freezes for no apparent reason

5. Found in various grades ranging from virgin material to common ore.


III. CHEMICAL PROPERTIES

6. Reacts well to gold, platinum and all precious stones

7. Explodes spontaneously without reason or warning

8. The most powerful money-reducing agent known to man.


IV. COMMON USE

9. Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars

10. Can greatly aid relaxation

11. Can be a very effective cleaning agent


V. HAZARDS

12. Turns green when placed alongside a superior specimen

13. Possession of more than one is possible but specimens must never make eye contact

Comments

Hootin Anni said…
4 and 8 are the best for me....but, as always all are good. Great 13.

My 13 is posted [scroll down below the Thursday Thunks]....hope you can drop by to keep me company.
I am Harriet said…
Too funny! Great list Hazel.

Happy Thursday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/yeahthursday.html
Janet said…
I love engineer speak! I used to work with all engineers...miss them!
colleen said…
It all so sounds official and funny at the same time! We are gems, aren't we?
Hazel said…
Hi Colleen, oh yes, we are! LOL!
Calico Crazy said…
That was definitely worth a chuckle or two.
Mia Celeste said…
Huh, what an interesting way of describing a woman. Thanks for the cool insight.
storyteller said…
Kewl ;--)
I've not seen this before so thanks for the enlightenment! I've shared T-13s at Sacred Ruminations and Happily Retired Gal this week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Shelley Munro said…
Good one. I'm sure we could do a man-one which would be equally amusing. :)
The Bumbles said…
*Sigh* I would have thought Engineers could have figured us out ;0)
genejosh said…
I love it!...he..he...i learned a lot of "this" element..

Our Adventures Together/
Her and History
Tasty Exploration

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...