Pages

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Flare

A little note: I was scared of Santilmo or St. Elmo's fire until a teacher in high school explained it from a scientific point of view. The first haiku is my way of appreciating science and knowledge in general for helping me overcome a silly fear. The second - I like to think that if my dreams are flared up, it will be easy to chase them, even if they are on wings :-)


Sun blazes, blood spills
Heaven pours, reactions flare
Science backs Elmo

***

Diaphanous wings
  flutter on a garden path
flaring up my dreams


Jenn hosts Sensational Haiku Wednesday @ You know... that Blog?

13 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Who knew that diaphanous wings could flare up in one's dreams? :-)

Hazel said...

In mine they certainly could :-)

iblogmoore (Amanda Moore) said...

wow number two is amazing work!

beccagivens said...

Nice set - number 2 is my fav! Thank you for sharing!!

Nanka said...

Great beauty of the garden path in your dreams!! Nice imagery!!

dthaase said...

love that second one particularly - great work

Hazel said...

Love to you all! I can see you are really artists by your choice between the two haikus :-) Thought I would add a little note today.

kaykuala said...

You have a flair for good writing here. Both haiku are just great!

Hank
P/S I have been told haiku has no plural. Is it true, anyone?

Hazel said...

Really Hank.... Thanks for that. I'll go edit.

Hazel said...

Lol! ... saw what you meant! It probably should be "between the two haiku" then. This was fun. Learning is :-)

Tara Tyler said...

dramatic flares!
great haikus =)

Ria said...

The first one appeals to the pyro in me :)

mjshorts said...

Two great Haiku.
The second one was my favourite, especially that opening linre.