Skip to main content

World's richest royals

Sent via email from Forbes, I didn't pay attention to this list until probably last week when I was at the Stock Exchange of Thailand to attend a classical concert for Japan. No royals there; just approximately seven ambassadors in attendance, but enough to see some connection to draw up an 'affluent' list.
1. Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej, worth $30 billion

2. Brunei's Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, worth $20 billion

3. Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al Saud, worth $18 billion

4. UAE President Sheik Khalifa bin-Zayed al Nahayan, worth $15 billion

5. Dubai ruler Sheik Mohammed bin Rashedal Maktoum, worth $4.5 billion
6. Liechtenstein's Prince Hans-Adam II, worth $3.5 billion

7. Morocco's King Mohammed VI, worth $2.5 billion

8. Qatar's Sheik Hamid bin Kalifa al-Thani, worth $2.4 billion

9. Prince Albert II of Monaco, worth $1 billion

10. His Highness the Aga Khan, worth $800 million

11. Oman's Sultan Qaboos bin Said, worth $700 million

12. Britain's Queen Elizabeth, worth $450 million

13. Kuwait's Sheik Nasser Al-Mohammad Al-Ahamad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, worth $350 million

More about them here.
This post is linked with Thursday Thirteen

Comments

Xakara said…
I wonder how Queen Elizabeth feels about only being 12. *smile*

Happy TT,

~Xakara
13 WIPS
i beati said…
hope it was super successful
Pamela said…
Interesting! Not surprised to see so many Middle Eastern rulers high up on this list but the King of Thailand as #1 was a surprise.
Rikki said…
Hm, the Queen appears to be a pauper compared to some of them. Surprising!
Rekaya Gibson said…
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

The Food Temptress
Mia Celeste said…
Wow, I can't even imagine. Happy TT!
Sandra Collins said…
this was really neat - surprising actually how much they are actually worth
Anonymous said…
Can you imagine only being worth a measley 350 Million? Poor things.
I am Harriet said…
It's kind of sad when many of those countries have plenty of people to feed.

Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/04/april-is-national-child-abuse-prevention-month/
CountryDew said…
Wow.I have no idea how to even think about that kind of money.
Shelley Munro said…
#1 was a surprise, but the Middle Eastern ones weren't.
Hazel said…
yeah. same reaction here.
sherilee said…
I guess I did expect to see the Queen a bit higher up... and I agree, kind of sad to see such wealth when many countries represented have such poverty.

Interesting list!
Anya said…
I'm happy to be NOT rich
LOL

What will you do with so many :P
hahaha....

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...