Skip to main content

Beyond the reach of any magic

Lumos Maxima! A bored muggle needed sufficient light to pore over the final Harry Potter book not once but twice, thrice or Voldy knows how many times. Yes, we can say the name now. These are lines I remember from The Deathly Hallows for reasons bubbling with toads and whiskers in my cauldron recently:

1. All's fair in love and war and this is a bit of both.
- Ron Weasley

2. Mudblood and proud of it!
- Hermione Granger

3. Of course it is happening in your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
- Albus Dumbledore to Harry

4. I think the answer is: a circle that has no beginning.
- Luna Lovegood

5. We teachers are rather good in magic you know.
- Minerva McGonagall

6. We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
- Peeves

7. It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
- Albus Dumbledore

8. Not my daughter, you bitch.
- Molly Weasley to Bellatrix Lestrange

9. Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living. Above all, pity those who live without love.
- Albus Dumbledore

10. Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
- Engraved on Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem
 
11. (referring to Draco Malfoy's son) Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited your mother's brains.
- Ron Weasley to his daughter Rosie

12. That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to understand. Of house-elves and children's tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.
- Albus Dumbledore

13. (to Ron and Hermione kissing) Oi! There's a war going on here!
- Harry Potter

Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen

Comments

JO said…
I love Harry Potter series!!!

Mine's up! Happy T13.
Ron. said…
Yeah I've heard of this Potter fellow. He's like some kind of wizard or something, right?
Xakara said…
3 is my favorite! I can't wait to see the movie again. Unfortunately I don't have the books any more so I can't reread them.

Happy T13!

~Xakara
13 Soundtracks
I am Harriet said…
My daughter would love your post!


Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/07/anniversary-of-americans-with-disabilities-act/
CountryDew said…
Molly & Minerva rocked!
Xakara said…
Sorry about the earlier link, that site was down too, but LJ is back up so the signature link should work now.

Happy T13,

~Xakara
13 Soundtracks

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,