Skip to main content

If a picture paints

Music Monday: Song from your birth year
Monday Mayhem follows

As to what songs came out when I came out - I do not have any idea. It was fun recognizing titles as soon as I skimmed a hundred of them on Music Outfitters. 

Images resonate with femmes fatales. Or it's just me. Here's She's a Lady by Tom Jones
.
And one that flashes Helen of Troy and awakens nostalgia, a fave - If by David Gates
 

This post is linked with:
XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice

Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop
******
Monday Mayhem
What's the best way to get rich?
Write wacky blogs like why you were dumb to major in Literature or some obscure discipline in the Humanities. Market your creative juices.

Have you ever eaten anything that you once saw alive?
My plan was to make that brown hen a pet. She ended up on our dining table two days later.

What creeps you out the most about clowns?
The never-ending grin which makes their eyes look like they're saying, "I'm going to get you." It's probably just paranoia so don't believe what you just read.

Tell us your best or favorite garage sale or flea market find.
A fairy figurine which will adorn a birthday cake scheduled to be eaten at a later time.

Who should get slapped on the wrist today?
JC for not vanishing into oblivion yet. 

What do you need to accomplish this week?
Get seriously cracking with how to make up for the pay slash that blew my head off last week.

What's you best tip for online shopping?
Pass. I browse and browse but never really purchase anything.

This was pretty random. Can you tell us something really random to end this week's meme with? Shriveled banana, rise from the dead!

More mayhem at Harriet's Monday Mayhem

Comments

I seen Mr. Jones on TV not that long ago, and he did this song, and the man has definitely still got talent as big as his ego! LOL
Artsnark said…
classic picks - enjoy your week!
Gosh, I adore Tom Jones makes me think of traveling in the car with my dad when I was a wee lassie.
Tom Jones, wow!!! A trip back in time!!
Colette S said…
Very nice music!

Love your answers!

Thanks for rocking with us today! :)
Cathy Kennedy said…
She's A Lady by Tom Jones is one of my favorites by him and If by Bread I absolutely love! In fact, two of Bread's songs were sung at our wedding in 1979. Thanks for visiting!
I am Harriet said…
I just threw away some of those bananas too. yikes.

Thanks for playing!
XmasDolly said…
Tom Jones has been a ladies pick for many years with fabulous voice, and bump & grind. I seen him not that long ago, and he's still at it. Wonderful entertainer. Great choices. Thanks for playing along.
Alida Sharp said…
Love watching Tom Jones!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...