Skip to main content

Wonderful World

Musical Monday: What a Wonderful World
Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem

Is it just me or do you also notice that sometimes when you are required to write something concise, you could hardly do so? All weekend this was my trouble. I drafted a research proposal overview that, if approved, would involve textual analysis of National Trust publications -actually simple to look at but taxing to put together. Louise Armstrong's What a Wonderful World would be one way to describe a part of it.


Diane hosts Musical Monday @ Good Mourning, Glory!

**************************

Monday Mayhem: I love this about...
Please scroll up for Musical Monday



What do you love about people that you spend time with outside your home (coworkers etc)? they always share their snacks, perhaps a cultural trait

What do you love about people in your home?
my kiddo's manifestation of caring: last night I casually showed him my bleeding ankle and he ran to my dresser, stood on his toes looking for something beyond piles of magazines and came back with a muscle pain cream, lathered a handful on the cut and with a worried smile assured me, "there."

What do you love about talking on the phone?
speed of sending the message across

What do you love about the over-used terms that people use? glimmer of cuteness in the familiarity

What do you love about restaurant foods?
that I don't have to prepare them and clean up after eating

What do you love about restaurant servers?
their attention

What do you love about reading other blogs?
the picture I form in my mind about their world

What do you love about memes?
other people's interesting ways of answering them

What do you love about commenting on blogs?
interaction

What do you love about people who chew gum?
less gibberish as they have to chew (this was hard)

What do you love about driving on the highway?
music

What do you love about shopping at Walmart?
Walmart seems to be the equivalent of Tesco here which in that case, the low prices

What do you love about kids?
their juvenile wisdom that teaches adults to behave like responsible adults

What do you love about your gender?
feminine power

What do you love about the opposite sex?
strength and intelligence


What do you love about shoes?
that I don't have to suffer the difficulties of going barefoot


What do you love about shopping for clothes?
variety of styles

What do you love about music?
it helps me accomplish a lot of chores

What do you love about drinking alcohol?
watching those who do lighten themselves up a bit

What do you love about pizza?
when it is delivered to my door

Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem. Click here to join.

Comments

Anonymous said…
New theme again? You are worse than I am LOL I like it those. Fresh and clean. Love this song by Louise Armstrong. And what a wonderful world we live in. Yes there are problems but lucky us :) CJ is a wonderful boy. I wonder where he gets that from hmmm? Oh yeah it must be mama :) The pizza...oh yeah...I hope you and CJ had a wonderful Easter :)

xoxox
Hazel said…
Lol! my widgets keep disappearing, Thom. Yeah, problems but a touch of optimism makes a lot of difference so you're right - lucky us :)
Run DMT said…
I have always loved this song. My sister and my dad danced to this song at her wedding. Brings tears to my eyes.

Great pick!

There was a whole lotta love for Monday Mayhem this week, huh? lol
;-)
I am Harriet said…
Hi Hazel.
You're so right about the not having to clean up thing.
Thanks for playing and have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/comments-turn-word-verification/
Hazel said…
Denise, wow what a beautiful picture to imagine; and Monday Mayhem - yeah, lol!

Harriet, we must have something in common about cleaning up :D
Anya said…
W_O_N_D_E_R_F_U_L_ song :))))))

I was today by a friend from brasil on her blog
She had today a post (I must think on you.... go look maybe you can copy it and also publish it ...:))
I think its something for Hazel
LOL

http://nuvemsobreoatlantico.blogspot.com/2010/04/hey.html
My dad is 84 and sings at piano bars. He sounds just like Louie. People tell him he's a white Louie. He says, "Back in the day, they tolkd Louie that he was a black me..." :)
Diane said…
"What do you love about kids?
their juvenile wisdom that teaches adults to behave like responsible adults"

great answer!!

good song too! :)
Hazel said…
Anya, I'm curious :)

Bud, how wonderful is that!

Diane, thanks
Anonymous said…
Classic song...can be applied to so many situations. Happy MM
Ebie said…
Thanks for stopping by, I thought that my title post was an attention getter! Hehehehe, that was funny.

What do you love about memes?
other people's interesting ways of answering them....I am also curious about their answers, because they practically have the same answers to most of their visits. hehehe, sometimes one or two words only.
Kelly L said…
This has got to be one of my favorite songs - love it. Great choice.

love,
kelly

http://www.kellysideas.com
Hazel said…
coopernicus, that's right

Ate Eb, it was, that's why I hurried to your place. in other words nakichismis lol

Kelly, it could be easily the fave of many, you and I included :)
Unknown said…
What a lovely song.. he sounds awesome!

Sorry that I am late in my visits and comments.

Have you a great week!

Mine is here

hugs
shakira

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,