Please scroll down for Weekend Funnies
Today's Small Talk Six topic is “6 of the most exotic or the strangest things you’ve ever eaten.” Here are mine:
1. Dayok - a mixture of fermented fish intestines; eaten in tiny portions as appetizer or as dipping sauce for boiled banana
2. Bird's nest soup - expensive, I have it once in a blue moon
3. Pidan or alkalized egg - so-so. I'm not a fan
4. Shark fin soup - love it; and I vaguely remember being told that my ex-MIL had it included in my wedding reception
5. Ho Mok Gai Sai - chicken and bamboo shoot wrapped in banana leaves
6. __?__ - I could not for the life of me remember the name of this thing but I'll ask around as soon as I can. I took pictures so please have a look:a. some ingredients I recognize are coconut strips, peanuts, shallot, chilli, baby shrimp, ginger, and kaffir lime
b. don't know what leaf is this; you shape it like a cup and mix the ingredients in.
Karen hosts Small Talk Six @ Momdot
Weekend Funnies: Confident and Confidential
Please scroll up for Small Talk Six
Today is my first time to join Weekend Funnies. Short and fun memes work for me nicely nowadays that my computer has problems. I thought this should be a good stress reliever.
My entry is about Joseph Estrada a.k.a Erap, an actor and former Philippine president. His critics make fun of his English ability, and he is rumored to be a womanizer - possible factors why this joke is played on him:
Jinggoy (Erap's son): Dad, what's the difference between 'confident' and 'confidential'?
Erap: You are my son. I'm confident about that. Your friend Buknoy who lives on the next street is also my son. I think that is confidential.
Shakira hosts Weekend Funnies @ You Are Never Alone.