Skip to main content

Sunday Stealing: The 29'er Meme


Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Alison from the blog Hairline Fracture She claims that she snagged this from Facebook. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!

1. What bill do you hate paying the most? Phone bill

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? The Dome at State Tower Bangkok

3. How many colleges did you attend? 2

4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? It's been raining here so the surrounding is cooler than usual otherwise I normally go around my room topless

5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? No alarm! It's Sunday for God's sake; and if it's not, I don't use alarm clocks. Sunlight is enough.

6. Last thought before going to sleep last night? Mr. Darcy dancing with Elizabeth. Pride and Prejudice is one of my best sleeping pills, aside from reading HP.

7. What do you miss being a child? Believing that Rapunzel was real, playing as much as I liked around the neighborhood, coming back to eat and going out again to play, my father spoiling me and always taking my side whenever my mother and I argued

8. What errand/chore do you despise? doing the dishes

9. Have you found real love yet? chance would be a fine thing

10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? the equivalent of Wal-Mart in Thailand is probably Tesco where I get my groceries

11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? No. Despite being divorced, I still believe in marriage

12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Professor Robert Langdon. No, I don't want Tom Hanks, I want Langdon to exist ho-ho-ho....

13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? No

14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? never been to California or any state in the US. But if I ever visited Cali, I would like to do a helicopter tour over San Fransisco

15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? I fancy both so I'm working on both, but... ok, a new career then, one that will whack my brain into starting a new relationship

16. Do you have a “go to” person? At work yes, our vice president who luckily didn't hate me for the break-up of my marriage to his friend

17. Are you where you want to be in life? Absolutely not!

18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most? Frequency of church attendance

19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life? No

20. Are there times you still feel like a kid? Yes

21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? Under the starfruit tree in the backyard of our rented Spanish house

22. Who do you think impacted your life the most? my son

23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you? No

24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”? No, but to colleagues I sometimes tell stories that start with "when I was their age," referring to our students and only to be amazed at the changing times

25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult? Flying my son to the Philippines after my split with the Ex. The point where Thai airport officers checked my
kiddo's documents with immigration police hovering; the jetbridge already detached, two flight crew helping by running my baby to the plane and me tailing them panting

26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married? Go ahead, experience it yourself.

27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job? Remember your future CV

28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be? complete, blind and naive obedience to my mother's wishes on the college major that I took and ended up getting stuck in now

29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be? same as # 29

Comments

Jayne d'Arcy said…
Definitely like #12. I'd like him to be real, too. #25 is terrifying. Have a great week. :)
your son must be really awesome :)

wonderful meme!

http://fart-in-a-jar.blogspot.com/2009/05/29er-meme.html
Hootin Anni said…
Oh yes...yes!!! I too would love to dine ---and learn from him. To be able to go from dinner to a 'hunt' for more of the written codes. Wow. Great answer for #12.


My post is now published. Won't you stop by and pay me a visit if you can find time today? Happy Stealing.
I am Harriet said…
WHAT!? Rapunzel isn't real???
Kimber said…
Fascinating answer for #12! Have a great Sunday. :)
The Queen Bee said…
Great answer for number 12. Mine is published. Hope you'd drop by. Happy Sunday.
Lisa G said…
Great answers this week! Have a happy Sunday :)
Bud Fisher said…
I think believing in marriage after divorce is dead on. You gotta be hopeful! Have a great day...

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...