Skip to main content

Halloween debut

All my life I have never been to a halloween festival or party. But since I frequented cyberspace, what with all the hype, I thought I should try it if there's a chance. So when a friend rang to see if I was interested in one, I went in a heart beat and

1. traipsed Khao San Road with friends, where the party was

2. admired an antique BMW motorbike

3. posed beside two decomposing kids

4. wore a borrowed battery-operated pair of horns

5. watched how a young drunk in high heels sway and drop to the ground

6. stared at a waved sign: Beer - Fucking Good!

7. dropped 1 baht on a beggar dog's bowl

8. folded my arms beside an emaciated male zombie badly in need of a mammogram

9. took a shot at a gawking skull with big teeth intact

10. offered my neck to a loch ness mutant

11. checked out prices of witches' hats

12. ate calamari

13. drank margarita

Glad I lived to tell the tale.

Megan and Janet host Thursday 13.

Comments

Danielle said…
lol! Love it! Great list. I take pictures by decomposing kids all the time, though it may be a different type of decomposing kids! lol! Happy T13!
Unknown said…
wow what a night! Sounds like you had fun!! Happy tt.
My Thursday 13
Hazel said…
Danielle, there's a possibility they may be similar :D
Hazel said…
busy91, yes I did
I am Harriet said…
Yeah! Welcome to Halloween :)

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/how-to-not-be-the-obnoxious-self-promoters/
Mia Celeste said…
Hmm. Sounds like quite the event. I'm glad you survived to tell the tale. Happy TT!
Hazel said…
ibeati, Harriet and Brenda, thanks :D
Anonymous said…
All in battery operated horns? I love it.
Heather said…
See, this is why I avoid State Street at Halloween. All the freaks and no margaritas. Hope you had a good time!
CountryDew said…
Must have been quite a night! Good for you for going.
Anne said…
Sounds fun! What happened to the drunk who fell? =)
kandyblossom said…
Sounds like a fun adventure. Glad you survived and enjoyed it.

Happy TT!
Unknown said…
And a good time was had by all. Sounds like a fun time!
Happy T13!
Hazel said…
Alice, I was lent green horns; friends wore red and pink :D

Heather, no margaritas? that's no fun indeed lol! In this street party margaritas overfloweth

CountryDew, yeah I'm glad I went
Hazel said…
Anne, she was pulled back to her feet by an embarrassed looking guy, most probably Le Boyfriend lol!

Kandy, glad I survived it. Sober hahah!

Adelle, thanks.
sherilee said…
Sounds like quite an adventure! Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a fun night :D

Marita
My Thursday 13
{S.T.U.F.F.} said…
Whew! You must have beat after all that party hopping!

Luv the post
Ebie said…
I'll drink to that margarita! And more calamari fritti!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...