Skip to main content

Random thanks

Random things I am thankful for this week:

1. Loads of sunblock for loads of sunshine

2. Fun in blogsville

3. Someone got interested in Cj's good-as-brand-new crib. It didn't have to end up in the junk after all

4. That yummy durian ice cream yesterday

5. My CV is finally sent to a prospective employer after I procrastinated a bit

6. Good health despite late nights

7. Dirty rugs are all washed up

8. No chaos in my apartment this week

9. The slack I got yesterday from Him :)

10.Tomorrow is Friday, hurray!

and one more thing: I played "It should have been me and you" on youtube a few days back. The video showed images of Jesus all bloodied up on the cross, so I was wincing and was about to click minimise and carry on just listening, when Cj on the bed behind me, jumped up and down, yelled and pointed at the video, "Mommy! Jesus?! Jesus?!"

To me that was a wonderful surprise. Two years of solid buddhism in the school he's attending (and I haven't taken him to church in awhile) and he hasn't forgotten the REAL GUY.


Comments

Denise said…
Such nice blessings.
Anonymous said…
Hi Hazel!

Ia m thankful too it's Friday tommorrow..can't wait for the weekend!

and a durian ice cream? wow! that sounds fun and yummy!
Chris said…
its the little things that remind us how blessed we are...
Up Close said…
Hello! more blessings and peace. God bless!
Tammy said…
Praise God for keeping your son safe...it is good to know we can trust in the Lord. Enjoy your weekend! :-)
Rita T. said…
Great list. Have a wonderful day!
Debra Kaye said…
Hi Hazel,

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! Thank you for sharing it with us today!

Blessings to you!
Laurie Ann said…
Great list! I'm so glad your son hasn't forgotten Him! Awesome! Happy Thankful Thursday!
Unknown said…
Hello Hazel,

I am visiting from the Thankful Thursday meme, which is a meme that is designed to blog about our blessings and thanksgiving to Jesus. I was suprised to read the following quote on your site when at the top of your blog:cholasticism with its subtle argumentation, Theology with its ambiguous phraseology, Astrology, so vast and so complex, are all children's games when compared with alchemy. (Albert Poisson)

alchemy, when I looked it up refers to black magic, blak arts, which from my studies indicates are practices that are forbidden in the Bible. I wonder if I might have misunderstood your participation in a Christian blog or did I not understand the quote?
Hazel said…
I am using a Harry Potter - inspired template and that widget goes with the template. The fact that I am an innocuous HP fan does not mean I am into alchemy or any related practice forbidden in the Bible.

But I get what you mean about my participation in a christian blog. If joining means I am asked to modify what shows in my template, I am very open to suggestions. I am a christian, albeit a backslider who is considering going back to church. No amount of Harry Potter or alchemy-displaying widgets can make me forget or change the fact that I am or once was. Maybe uptightness or unfriendliness will.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...