Skip to main content

MM: B is for bonding

mommy moments

My son bonds with his cousins only during birthdays, christmases, or sometimes after church services. I don't have photos of him bonding with his cousins from his father's side. There were some taken a few days after he was born but when his dad and I divorced, I forgot to keep those photos in my files. Hopefully later there will be. Although I have full custody of Cj, I allow him to see his paternal cousins and bond with them (in fact I want him to) whenever there is a chance. We went home for christmas in 2007. I made sure he bonded with his Philippine cousins as much as the one week we were there would allow. So they did. My little guy trailed his big cousins to their evening christmas presentation at Rizal Park in Digos City. After that they played:


On christmas morning we opened our gifts. Cj handed his gifts to everyone. This one's for Yoyo:



Our last day in the Philippines was January 1st. We trooped to the beach and Cj met more cousins there. We had a mini-family reunion. It was a day filled with lots of frolic in the water. Understandably they all got tired. In this shot, Cj was getting "low-batt" while cousin Maxim who is used to a low temp in France promptly drooped in the Philippine heat and was totally knocked down:


Until the next bonding time :-)

Comments

Chris said…
thanks for sharing your story with us Hazel...
Genefaith said…
i miss spending Christmas in Philippines....hopefully next time makabonding na ng baby namin mga cousins nya( sa father side)..have a happy weekend!
JonaBQ said…
nakakamiss talaga mga relatives....i live 1 1/2 hrs away and i miss my relatives in Manila when i don't have a chance to visit them in a while like now. how much more you who live miles and miles away.
pehpot said…
aw.. sabi ko na this
siblings and cousin time theme would make me miss my siblings and nephews more.. lalo na your entry.. so cute talaga to see our kids with their cousins di ba? next to their bonding moments, I love their bonding moments with their cuz..

Make or Break
Carrie said…
that's great to spend the holidays and special birthdays with each other! And going to the beach is the best! It's nice that you are able to spend time with their father's side of family too :)
Anonymous said…
It's good to know that your son is close with this cousins. I hope my children will be the same with theirs when they grow up. Nice pics :)
Lan said…
Hi hazel, thanks for you nice message in my post, It great for our son go to the philippines to be able to have more bonding with their cousins specially his the only child. My son has 8 here, but already grown up and some is married already and they're not close at our nephews and nieces in our family side and I want my son to be close to my family that's why I want to go home at least every 2-3 years. My son likes is there.
Anonymous said…
Reunions are one of the best ways to bond with cousins and other relatives. That was Jan. 1 on the beach as I understand. Imagine the heat now that summer months are here.
what a fun-filled bonding moments!
jganlising said…
hi thnks for dropping by....uu nga cute ang hotdog bite heheheh =)
jganlising said…
ang cute nmn ng nagbibigayan ng gift hehehe =)
jeng said…
Nice vacation pictures ;)Even if families live a great distance from each other, children have an instant bonding when they see each other. ; )

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...