Skip to main content

More

... time off blogging I'm afraid :( My monitor is still broken, but I hope I can have time to get a new one next week. I miss blogging and my bloggy friends. The Red Shirts, and now multi-colored shirts, they say rage on - perfect time to get out as I am headed to Hong Kong in a few hours. Then Philippines six days after.

Well, see yah!

Comments

nuts said…
hi, dropped by here..
Ebie said…
Enjoy your trip...Magkita kits napud mo ni Arlene...
Anya said…
Thanks for this post Hazel
I was worried :(
Hugs from us
:)
:)
Anonymous said…
I've missed you a great deal. :) I hope all is well. Safe travels to you and CJ. I hope you have a wonderful time my friend. Much Aloha to you both.

Me Ke Aloha
Chris said…
you are coming to Pinas? :)
Hazel said…
nuts, thanks

Ate Ebs, kung makahapit sa Iligan magkita jud :)

Anya, we're fine, thanks. hugs!

Thom, I miss you too! thanks for the great wishes

Chris, for a visit, yes :)
Unknown said…
Happy Mother's Day,my friend!
You look BEAUTIFUL, then and NOW!
You are such a wonderful friend and MOTHER!
May this Mother's Day be one of the best with more to come in years!
YOU ROCK, MOMMY!
hugs
shakira
Unknown said…
Hazel, when are you coming back?
missing you....
Indrani said…
Have a great trip Hazel! :)
Genefaith said…
sis are you still in Philippines? Hope you're OK...I heard that Bangkok isn't safe and the photos are very disturbing as the city looks like hell with smokes and fire...

stay safe sis...
Anonymous said…
My dearest Hazel and CJ. I hope you both are a okay. I've been thinking of you both and have missed you and with all the turmoil going on I do hope all is well. And I hope you had a great trip :)
Ebie said…
Just checking how you are doing. I hope you had a wonderful time off.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...