Skip to main content

Fibula

Saturday 9: Don't let the sun catch you crying
Scroll down for Weekend Funnies


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

1. When was the last time you cried? 4 years ago

2. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, what would it be? play the piano better than I do today

3. Who is someone (other than yourself) would you like to go back into your past and talk to and why? ex-Hubster to see if he would have agreed to send me to flying school instead of graduate school. Damn I should have been a licensed helicopter pilot by now.

4. What is your favorite meal eating out? Thai and Japanese, seafood too

5. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? If the answer is "it depends," on what does it depend? energized if I'm with people I like, love, care about

6. What word do you use far too frequently? why

7. What’s a word you’ve invented? (alternate question: What needs a word but doesn’t have one yet?) pain party

8. Pick out one of your favorite songs. Go to Song Facts and tell us about the song's history. Evergreen: the 1976 remake of A Star Is Born theme. Says Paul Williams who co-wrote the song: "I actually wrote those first two lines in the opposite order, 'Love, fresh as the morning air, love soft as an easy chair.' I called Barbra as I was getting on a plane to go on tour with Olivia Newton-John, and said, 'You know what, flip those two first lines, because it sings better.' 'Love, soft as an easy chair, love, fresh as the morning air.' 'Morning' sang better at that point in the song. And I remember saying to Barbra, 'They'll probably laugh us out of the theaters for starting a love song with a line about a chair, but I think it works better that way.' It was the biggest-selling soundtrack album ever at that time, winning the triple crown: the Oscar, the Grammy, and the Golden Globe."

9. What is your absolute favorite piece of furniture you have and why? a dining set because I love to eat with close family and friends

For more or to join, go to Crazy Sam's Saturday 9 home.

*******************************

Weekend Funnies: The Younger Generation I
Please scroll up for Saturday 9


Here's from my inbox. Thank you, OM2.




















Visit Shakira and Gattina for more funnies.

Comments

I am Harriet said…
Good one- why?

Have a great Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/and-i-thought-it-was-just-me/
Hazel said…
Harriet, it leaves people thinking (or not... lol); gets you answers too (or sometimes not) :D
Anonymous said…
A helicopter pilot? pffft...I'd do jets myself LOL Helicopters fly against the laws of nature if you ask me. LOL Why? Why? Why? Who knows and who cares ROFLMAO!!! Your weekend funnies were too funny. Mariah Carey BWAHAHAHA Have a great Saturday :)
Hazel said…
Thom, that's why I like helicopters because they fly against laws of nature :-) whhhhhyyyyy now i remember that song with lyrics that go, "... how many times.... whyyyyy?... to keep your big mouth shut!" lmao!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...