Skip to main content

A little boy's tiara

It's a week abundant with life's little pleasures, and I'm enjoying such a great Friday mood with the FFF ladies over at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. If you are dropping by from Mommy Moments, please scroll down a bit; thank you. Now the highlights of my week --

1. Birthday dinner at Cabbages and Condoms. A friend put up with my fondness for dining out and exploring restaurants. C & C supports social development programs of the PDA, an organization that complements the Thai government's effort to promote family planning.

2. Cafe de Tu. We took the sky train to get to a posh mall for dessert. There's a lovely ambience for a slice of chocolate banana cake and a long glass of iced lemon tea. It was sheer relaxation verbalizing ephemeral wishes. From the high ceiling pretty lamps cast off a warm, soft glow making the place conducive for twilight dreams.

3. Work over lunch at Fuji. Now comes a hard, raw bit. I had to carry work to one lunch but it helped that I like Japanese cuisine and cracked 80% of the job right there on the table. Thanks to the Giver of blessings: the untouched 20% spared me indigestion issues.

4."Everything smells so fresh after a storm." It's been raining on my nook. I've been musing over these words from one of my favorite films, Ladies in Lavender, starred in by two of my favorite actresses, Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.

5. Mommy Moments. This is a brief account of some of my fave moments with CJ, integrated as my fifth Friday fave and entry for today's Mommy Moments theme, Wacky right below -

As I lamented CJ's stance against being photographed, I realized that my constant attempts to click away anyway have gained a few wacky results.

On board a yacht in Hong Kong, a weary single mom was hoping to experience a lovely night watching the famous Symphony of Lights while cruising Victoria Bay. Soft music, butter cake, mint tea, silver strappy heels, it was her moment.

Fat chance. A little brat decided to grab her crowning glory.

That's how my tiara ended up on his head...
It made me determined to snap more shots. But at The Peak the next day, CJ's stance didn't waver. Well, they say if you can't beat them, join them. I did and with Auntie Chette's perfect timing, we got this moment together.


Wacky Mommy Moments at The Mommy Journey.

Comments

Chubskulit Rose said…
Love the second shot sis, carefree!
Anonymous said…
ROFLMAO!!! That'll teach ya LOL I love love love that picture of you and CJ. Absolutely gorgeous :)
Hazel said…
Yep sis, as in para akong maloloka dyan sa ka-aayaw nya ng cam :))

Thom, think it did lol!
Jewel said…
Wow, he certainly looks much older than the picture on the leftbar with the ice cream! He's growing and becoming more handsome. Too bad you didn't get a better picture with the tiara; so cute! hehe

Have a nice day!
Jewel said…
Wow, he certainly looks much older than the picture on the leftbar with the ice cream! He's growing and becoming more handsome. Too bad you didn't get a better picture with the tiara; so cute! hehe

Have a nice day!
Hazel said…
Jewel, I think you're right - he's only 3 on the ice cream pic. yeah, i should have been quick when my tiara 'changed heads' but he's quicker lol!
Tetcha said…
That was a lovely candid shot of the two of you in the second photo! Happy Mommy Moments!
Hazel said…
Thank you, Tetcha.
Day by Day said…
I can see how camera-shy CJ is, Hazel. But your photo together speaks so much more... Nice!
Hazel said…
Divine, he is indeed. I'm glad this moment of ours together was captured :)
Unknown said…
Hindi talaga mapilit tumingin sa camera hehe. gwapo ng anak mo hazel

http://shydub-simplehappylife.blogspot.com/2010/09/mommy-moments-wacky.html
Hazel said…
Yup, Shy. matigas ang mama lol!
Unknown said…
he may have grabbed your tiara, but the very best thing is, HE IS YOUR TREASURE:)
Hazel said…
imriz, i almost overlooked that thought. well said. thanks.
Anonymous said…
That was a sweet movie.

Love those pictures with you and CJ!
Hazel said…
Thanks, Barbara.
Cindy said…
Your right about the smell after a storm, sort of like a Spring day smell.

giggle, ladies of lavender. Here on the Island we have 5 sisters of lavender all living on lavender lane and they have a "you guessed it" lavender business it is cute.
ellen b. said…
That's a great photo moment of the two of you! Yikes Cabbages and Condoms ...I don't know what to think of that. You are making me hungry with all the restaurants and food you shared!!
Chocolate banana cake? That sounds heavenly!

Your son is such a cutie. Have a great week ahead.
Hazel said…
Cindy, yes, I guess that's the variant description - spring day smell. I'm keeping that lavender business on lavender lane in mind. Maybe one day ....

Ellen, Cabbages and Condoms serve excellent food too :)

Laura, now I want to have another slice... :)
Susanne said…
Love those pictures, they're great and a fun memory!

I love the fresh smell during and after a good rain storm.
redamethyst said…
the picture with your kid is so cute.
happy weekend.
you can view my entry here
Hazel said…
Susanne, I kind of forgot that it also smells nice during, not just after

redamethyst, thanks
Hazel said…
Susanne, I kind of forgot that it also smells ncie during, not just after a good rain storm

redamethyst, thanks
Karyn said…
ONe of the best scents in the world - the freshness of just after a rain storm.

I love the photo of you and your little one - you look so happy and full of joy. He looks so like a boy who doesn't want his photo taken. :)
Willow said…
Oh my, CJ is growing up!! Love your little story of the lost princess and usurping prince! LOL!

Even though you had to work during one of the meals, they all sound marvelous! Esp. the cake.
Hazel said…
Karyn, yes, he projects the stance so well :)

Willow, food does make a lot of things sound better, including a few antics of a usurping prince, lol!
kimmyschemy said…
wow! really nice shot!
Chris said…
the shot came out nice! :) memorable shot... :)

glad you joined us again hazel..
Hazel said…
seth, thanks

Chris, i'm glad too that i joined, the photo supply cooperated :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...