Skip to main content

Eat your words

Have you ever sat down reading something routine and suddenly you have to scramble to the dictionary? I swear I used to eat these words for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A four-year hiatus from the research lab and wait, what...? threaten to punctuate the flow. They are getting back to my diet again, but they are so obvious they are killing me.

1. theory
2. latent
3. variable
4. delimit
5. experiment
6. framework
7. philosophy
8. correlate
9. dissemination
10. cognitive
11. proselytize
12. epistemology
13. empirical

Megan and Janet hosts Thursday 13.

Comments

Heather said…
Any reason to thumb through a dictionary is a good one in my book. *G*

My post
Hazel said…
Thank goodness I got company :D
Anya said…
You got more company Hazel
LOL

Enjoy your day my dear

Hugs

Kareltje =^.^= Betsie >^.^<

Anya ♥
Hazel said…
Anya, I'm glad you joined my crazy party lol! Love you three :)
Xakara said…
I had to look up 4 because I wasn't sure and 12 was brand new so thanks for adding to my vocabulary! Most find it strange, but vocabulary books are what I miss most from school. There should be an everyday version beyond word-a-day calendars :)

Happy TT,

~Xakara
13 Comforts
I am Harriet said…
I can totally relate!

Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/13-consumer-tips-from-the-consumer-action-website/
Hazel said…
Xakara, vocabulary books are priceless!

Harriet, happy Thursday too!
{S.T.U.F.F.} said…
You have LOADS more company!

Luv the post!
Hazel said…
Like they say, the more the merrier :D

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...