Skip to main content

P is for Park Day

Sunday Stealing: The First 2011 Alphabet Meme
Scroll down for Our Weekend Memoirs

Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Neil Turner at the blog Neil Turner from the blog Neil Turner's Blog (duh). Neil is from Yorkshire, England. He said he stole it from Troy. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time.

Cheers to all of us thieves!

A is for Age: that age when they say life begins and it could be 1-90

B is for Beer of choice: I'm allergic to beer

C is for Career: procrastination

D is for favourite Drink: cold tea water

E is for Essential item you use everyday: lappy

F is for Favourite song at the moment: I'm not in love so don't forget it

G is for favourite Game: dreaming

H is for Home town: sleepy fruit basket at the foot of a volcano

I is for Instruments you play: point and shoot

J is for favourite Juice: mango

K is for Kids: yeah, got a handful

L is for Last kiss: in my dreams duh... it almost killed me

M is for marriage: aghh thanks for reminding

N is for full Name: H-A-Z-E-L

O is for Overnight hospital stays: of all stays...

P is for phobias: misplaced kiwis

Q is for quote: I'm gonna do it all

R is for biggest Regret: not taking that helicopter tour over Angkor Wat last week

S is for sports: golf - they serve crocodile casserole and serpent curry at the country club

T is for Time you wake up: when the sunrays hit my head board

U is for colour of underwear: gold and gray stripes Calvin Klein

V is for Vegetable you love: cauliflower

W is for Worst Habit: gravitating towards a playboy's romantic attacks

X is for X-rays you've had: those have never been necessary yet, thank you

Y is for Yummy food you make: sweet and sour tuna

Z is for zodiac sign: virgo

*Bud Weiser hosts Sunday Stealing

******************************
Our Weekend Memoirs: Chatuchak Park

One Sunday last month broke out cloudy. We were at the park for a friend who was honing his SLR skills. The following photos though are from a point and shoot pink Samsung.



When we ran out of bread crumbs, my palm got a peck


The willing, happy subjects


It says "Calabash Tree"


Hours in, the sun started showing up at last. And so did some spirit.


Taxes are high. We might as well enjoy expat life to the max.

*Ebie and Arlene host Our Weekend Memoirs.

Comments

Anya said…
LOVELY shots Hazel
it looks so pretty at your country
it looks like spring/summer :(
I wait also for it,
its here sooooooo cold !!!

Have a happy sunday
Enjoy....
hugs for all

Kareltje =^.^= Betsie =@^.^@)
Anya
I am Harriet said…
Not sure I'd be eating the CC food. :)

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/e-is-for-essential-item-you-use-everyday/

Join us for Monday Mayhem!
http://mondaymahem.blogspot.com/
Sunshinelene said…
very beautiful shots, zel!

I so love the one on the pond where the beautiful lady frogs are perched on a a lily pad.

Happy Sunday and thanks for playing.

Arlene
http://www.midlifedancing.com/2011/01/new-years-morning-nature-shots.html
Ebie said…
Those pink waterlilies are so captivating! They are my favorite flowers, because (and of course) that's my Chinese name translation.

Hmmm, I have to adapt to cold tea water. I prefer hot tea with lemon.

P.S. Sige pa ko ug ubo, unya laagan pud. Sige gakaatol akong kamot kay mag sige ug picture, hehehehe.
Anonymous said…
Nice post! Those waterlilies are so beautiful . . And the birds eating on your palm are really cute.

Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...