Skip to main content

Best of my love

The Eagles went live in Bangkok last night. I swayed on my seat and let snippets of a recurring reverie harmonize with "...oh-oh-oh...sweet darling, you got the best of my love..." Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Timothy Schmidt, and Joe Walsh thrilled deeply. My mind wandered around powerful concert lights flashing inside Impact Arena. It must have headed later towards one direction....

This video features the song on the band's 1974 album On The Border. I was then only learning Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Fast forward thirty-seven years, I relate well with the song. So does one beating heart faraway in the vast, cold blue. It's timelessness.



Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday


XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me
Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

Comments

Run DMT said…
Such a great classic! Love The Eagles!

Thanks for the MM shout out! You rock, mama! :-)
I love that song!
hugs from the Music Moves me hop
Stacy Uncorked said…
I LOVVVVVVVVVVVE The Eagles! So cool you were at their concert last night! :) Have a great week! :)

Cowboy Take Me Away - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
Colette S said…
Oh yes! Music is timeless and ageless!
Great choice.
I remember seeing them at least twice in concert!! Great song!!

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/
J.E. said…
Ohhh, I love the lyrics to that song. . .
Sending {{{Hugs}}} from the hop!
XmasDolly said…
Hubby's band does a few Eagles too & a few Joe Walsh he was in the Eagles. This one is one of my favorites. Wow! Look how young they are here. Never saw this one. Already following, and Happy Hug Day! YOU'VE BEEN HUGGED!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...