Skip to main content

Desperado

"Sawadee krap!" the Eagles greeted Bangkokians Sunday night. Exuding cultural cognizance Tim Schmit spoke a whole sentence in Thai and the Impact Arena erupted. Woe is me. I've been in Thailand 13 years and I didn't even know what Tim said. Anyway I felt like I got back a decade younger being happy and thrilled at their performance. A trumpet played the intro to Hotel California. I never heard that before. These are 13 Eagles hits that I love:

1. Desperado
2. Seven bridges road
3. I can't tell you why
4. Take it to the limit
5. Life in the fast lane
6. Best of my love
7. Take it easy
8. Busy being fabulous
9. Love will keep us alive
10. In the city
11. Long road out of Eden
12. Lying eyes
13. New kid in town

Megan and Janet host Thursday 13

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this list; the Eagles are awesome.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful!
Mia Celeste said…
I'd love to live in Thailand. I hope to get back there someday. Happy TT!
Hazel said…
Brenda, come and have sunshine all year :)
Anonymous said…
Eagles in my brain..all night long. Thanks a bunch.
Mercy said…
Great list, love #11. Happy T13!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...