Skip to main content

True love's kiss

Musical Monday: True love's kiss
Monday Mayhem follows

goodness gracious! my students are smooching in front of me. i have to turn my silly swivel chair towards the window where all i see are speeding cars on the expressway. scraping off some cynicism against february 14th... lol!

That's my latest FB shoutout. The ensuing conversation had been fun.

From a friend: i thought that only happens in the kg and primary level!
2 hours ago .
#
Me: it's rather intense among undergrads. the guy happens to be the most goodlooking and smartest. and guess who did he kiss? the plainest, academically bottom girl in class. that's why i still believe in fairytales. THEY ARE HAPPENING LIVE BEFORE MY CRITICAL VISION lol!
2 hours ago ·
#
Friend: fairytales are better in movies, u reckon? Of course films present stories better [that] than what we see around. If not corny, nakakainggit! (making me jealous!)
about an hour ago ·
#
Me: the lecture room scene i witnessed hours ago could compete with the magic of disney portrayals. for the first time in my tattling career i was speechless. my sometimes machine gun mouth really had to stop at what's unfolding.
#
Friend: oh...gracious prof! It's vd anyway.
about an hour ago ·
#
Me: yeah but i didnt expect anything like that to happen. i must have gotten this cynical over the years whoa! lolxxx
about an hour ago ·

Before all this though I already decided which song to feature in my Valentine MM post. I separate fairy tales from my cynicism against real life love. The FB chat simply coincided with this earlier choice, and Facebook friends probably do not know that my belief in fairy tales extends to music like this. *smiles*



Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday


XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me


Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

*************

Monday Mayhem: The Valentine Meme

In honor of Valentines Day, today's meme is all about the things that we love. For each prompt, name something you love.


1. Name a food that you love. chocolate-coated almonds

2. Name someone that you love. son CJ

3. What kinds of ice cream do you love? chocolate

4. What would you love to receive for Valentines day? roses

5. What meal would you just love to eat for dinner? guacamole, enchilada, cadillac margarita

6. What is something that you learned to love? playing the piano

7. Tell us something that we would love. Despite absences from Monday Mayhem and Musical Monday due to professional commitments, I plan to continue doing these memes whenever I can *color me a tinge of shy*

8. What is your definition of love? a harmony of brains and the heart

9. What is it that you love more than anything? travel

10. Name a Monday Meme that you love. this one today

11.Would you love to write a Monday Mayhem? I've always fancied it....


Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem

Comments

Run DMT said…
I believe in fairy tales too. :-) Great music pick for the occasion. We are huge Enchanted and Disney Princess fans here.

Happy Valentine's Day! xox
Run DMT said…
Oh and please excuse my manners! Thank you for the MM shout out! You rock, mama! :-)
momzblotter said…
Love your blog, I hope you visit mine and become a follower, I look forward to seeing you there.www.momzblotter.blogspot.com
Stacy Uncorked said…
Your FB exchange cracked me up! And what a perfect song choice for today! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day - MMMM
Katie said…
Thanks for sharing and happy V-Day.

Bookin It Up
Artsnark said…
Happy Valentine's Day - enjoyed your post today :D
Colette S said…
I've heard stories of real life fairy tales. I think it's beautiful.

I sometimes wish just for a taste of that giddy.

Thanks for dancing with us today.

Happy Valentine's Day!
:)
Perfect choice, there are no better love stories than the happily ever after fairy tales.

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/
I am Harriet said…
I love that- harmony of brains and heart.

Thanks for playing.
Have a great Valentines Day!
Peggy said…
I believe too, I believe.
Thanks for picking this song, I love it!
XmasDolly said…
I totally love it! Fabulous and appropriate. Well, thanks for playing along today Happy V Day, and I have to run my Prince Charming is on his way home & I'm planning a lovely quiet dinner at home. He words hard all day & besides if you want to see what I got for valentines take a look at the Post before this one. We had a great time! See you next week for more love songs I hope!!!
Amanda Moore said…
so sweet to have a childhood fave to listen to what a great pick for the holiday! Happy V day!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...