Skip to main content

Don Gato and company

In the 80s we had a neighbor who played Senor Don Gato repeatedly on his cassette. The sound was loud enough to reach other houses. Fortunately, the song was amusing - a very cat-like human voice would respond "meow, meow, meow."  It probably helped that I'm an animal lover so I didn't mind hearing the song over and over. 


Mozart, my fur kid looks very much like this pooch. See how he dances :)

And here's thoroughbred Little Red by Patty Shukla

 Some of the things I love about living in Thailand are the elephants! They are called "chang" here. This is a clip of Thai children singing karaoke about a chang.


This post is linked with:
XmasDolly @ XmasDolly, Lori @ Shewbridges of Central Florida, Callie @ JAmerican Spice
and Stacy @ Stacy Uncorked


Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

Comments

kaykuala said…
Good music, a most welcomed respite from the 'normal' poetry things. More educational in fact!

Hank
Run DMT said…
You have a very interesting mix here. I can tell you had fun with the animal theme! :-) And I learned something new today: chang. My youngest daughter loves elephants. I can't wait to tell her my new word.

Thanks for the MM shout out! xox :-)
Cathy Kennedy said…
Totally different and unexpected song picks for this week's 4M play. It was great listening to your selections.

The Lamb, The Sparrow, and Butterfly Kisses...4Ms
Artsnark said…
great stuff! Love to hear something now. Have a fantastic week
DeDa Studios said…
I too loved the animal theme! Thanks for the smiles! Have a fun week!
XmasDolly said…
Well look at you! Love it! Where did you find those? Great choices! Finally no wild horses! If I hear that song again today I might go off the deep end LOL Have a rockin' week!
Lucy said…
I love learning and music is the perfect way to teach. I learned 'chang' is elephant in Thai.

Oh, and I loved the French Poodle, I had a toy poodle as a child (slightly smaller than the French Poodle) and it reminded of my childhood dog :)
Colette S said…
Wow. These are so fun!

Thank you for rocking with us!
Well how very interesting. I'm sure your children are amused. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to share with my grandson.
Lily Riani said…
definiately an awesome mix of music. glad that you shared this. i have to show my niece this :)
kimmyschemy said…
hahaha! CUTE!

by the way, do you mind checking out on What's A Fossil?

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...