Skip to main content

Girl reading

The pictures space in my e-library contains a folder named Anastasia's Looking Glass.  It is where I store photos that inspire me. Recently I stumbled upon this website called vi.sualize.us where you can "bookmark your favorite images and share them with everyone." So far I found 12; (thought I'd include one of me to complete the list as I like it the way it is), and I'm sharing all with you.  A link to the source is placed before each photo. My 'favoritest' are nos. 2 - 13. Got yours?



1. Reading blurbs @ Dasa Book Cafe. February 2011

2. reading
http://piccsy.com/2011/05/reading-88r2ws7ph/

3. Untitled / Lauren Treece
http://www.google.com/reader/view/#stream/user/12221102..../style

4. reading
http://piccsy.com/2011/05/reading-88r2ws7ph/

5. Beauty of childhood / via ver2go (tumblr)
http://ver2go.tumblr.com/

6. Sisters / Mig_R
http://flickr.com/photos/fawbs/2819244943/

7. 163 / 365 - Felix Felicis / Noukka Signe
http://beautyineverything.com/4518817536

8. Books to Read
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/books-to-read

9. Charles Edward Perugini, World Gallery
http://www.worldgallery.co.uk/

10. http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Jean-Honor-Fragonard oung-Girl-Reading-Print-C10032525.jpeg http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://artfiles.....5.jpeg
11. Young Woman Reading By A Window, Delphin Enjolras
http://www.oilpaintings-art.com/movement/Young-Woman-Re....ow/162

12. Pietro Magni’s marble statue The Reading Girl
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://curledupwi....ng.jpg

13. Book of Fairy Tales... by *louvre89 on deviantART
http://louvre89.deviantart.com/art/Book-of-Fairy-Tales-88905326

Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen

Comments

Anya said…
I love it also to read Hazel :-)
Great unique collection!!

Hugs from us all ...
Xakara said…
These are beautiful! The second and last one are my favorites :)

Happy T13,

~Xakara
13 Banners
Anonymous said…
On an elephant? Wow.
Hazel said…
Indeed. It could be photoshopped but why ruin the imagination. An elephant was my favorite zoo animal when I was the age of that girl. I'm still fond of them now - huge, adorable beasts. The photo is such a beautiful coincidence for me.
Mia Celeste said…
Good pictures. My favorite is the girl reading under the covers. Happy TT!
The Gal Herself said…
As a book lover, ALL of them made my heart swell a little. But #2 is my favorite. Look at her face. She's so determined to see what's on those pages!
Anonymous said…
Reading inspires you? Cool!

- Alice
Hazel said…
@The Gal Herself, her determination makes her cute too :)
Heather said…
A beautiful collection of readers--but do you notice that they are all female? Thanks for visiting!
Hazel said…
Yes yes! Gender bias :D
I am Harriet said…
I love the elephant photo the most.


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/10/favorite-casual-dining-restaurants-whats-yours/

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...