Skip to main content

What if... I thought I fell in love

Monday Mayhem follows

Favorite female vocalists? What a riot! I wish I could have them all here. But here are three of them who sing lyrics that are quite relevant to me these days.

Gloria Estefan --- Here We Are

Dionne Warwick --- I'll Never Love This Way Again

Karen Carpenter --- You

Ahhh... gratification galore!
Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday

XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me

Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

**************************

What if... Charlie Sheen were right about who he is, what he is saying and his "goddesses"?
Then Howard Stern's assessment would be confirmed. Charlie is special.

What if... Potato chips were declared a vegetable?
I'd use a helping beside my steak

What if...All the junk going on in parts of the world ended in peace?
Bad time for the business of war

What if...gas prices hit $5?
The Middle East crisis is dormant, latent, volatile. It goes berserk while we are dreaming of world peace over oolong tea. We shouldn't be surprised at its impact on gas prices

What if...American Idol got canceled?
I never would have known William Hung

What if...the Queen of Alaska was elected president?
A nation has succumbed to her brand of intellectual and leadership fortitude

What if...talking on a cell phone while driving became illegal?
The act of making it illegal is long overdue

What if...Bud and Kathy invited you to a party- would you go?
I would. Jill and the french twins might be around

What if...you found $1000 sitting in the road?
It will find its way to fine haunts

Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem

Comments

Run DMT said…
You've got the greatest female picks here! Nicely done!

I loved your Mayhem Monday answers. They made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.
Run DMT said…
Oh and I forgot to say, "THANK YOU for the MM shout out!" You rock, mama! :-)
Shawnna said…
LOL, Charlie is indeed special. In the 'not a good way' variety. Have a wonderful week!
Stacy Uncorked said…
Excellent choices! I love them all! :)

And your Charlie Sheen answers cracked me up! :)

Effen Perfect - MMMM
Maude Lynn said…
Potato chips are not a vegetable? Darn!
Anonymous said…
I loved Dionne Warwick when I was little, such a great voice! Heartbreaker was my other favorite of hers! I really like Gloria too! Coming out of the dark was one of my fav Gloria songs! Nice picks!
I am Harriet said…
Loved your Queen of Alaska answer. Very well said.

Have a great week!
Gigi Ann said…
I enjoyed all three of your female choices... you are the winner..."Winning.." just like Charlie... "Winning" I think that is going to replace "Whatever" "Winning"
XmasDolly said…
hahaha How inventive! Your Post is wonderful and your choices superb! Thanks for playing along with us today & we definitely hope to see you next week. Love these ladies!
Rhiannon said…
ooooh i love the carpenters
Classic NYer said…
Wow... I haven't heard Gloria Estefan in forever...
Colette S said…
I have not heard Dionne Warwick in such a long time!

Love your choices.

Glad you joined with us today.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Aloha! :)
Amanda Moore said…
Aren't those just the best! these are all songs I grew up on Hazel. I like a lot of the new stuff out there but the music from our era rocks!
Anya said…
Are you in love Hazel ???
LOL
Lovely post !!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,