Skip to main content

In the pink of health

Then Sings My Soul Saturday: Lord You Are Good - Worship Dance
Please scroll down for Small Talk Six

Pink is up today for the ladies at Mom Dot. The concept got me thinking of "in the pink of health." After an illness last year, Thailand's monarch came out of the hospital in a pink suit. The royal tailor commented that pink is the color he chose His Majesty would wear to convey the assurance to the Thai people that their beloved king is back to good health; that he is in the pink of health.

A more wonderful concept is that health is granted equally to everyone, royals or commoners alike, by the King of all kings. 'Your body is the temple of God' is usually followed by advice such as take care of it, honor it by keeping it healthy and clean not just physically but also spiritually. I questioned myself: what have I been doing to my health lately? Go to bed after midnight? Work my body to death? It's high time something better is done to this health, like exercise besides a balanced diet and rest. I'd pass the hard, gym type exercise; got loads of that over the week at work. I'm talking of appreciating an exercise for the mind and spirit. It's invigorating to relive the vibrancy and energy of youth featured on this worship dance.


Amy hosts
Visit Signs, Miracles and Wonders and W for more music

***************************

Small Talk Six: Pink Favorites
Please scroll up for Then Sings My Soul Saturday

These are six of my favorite things that are pink. All images except the smoothie and the shoes are from my archive.

1


2 3

4
5


6
KarenC hosts
Head over to MomDot for more STS

Comments

Peggy said…
Blessings Hazel, Makes me want to get up and dance! HE IS SO GOOD! And I worship Him! If I wasn't trying to quiet down and sleep, I would be up dancing because I love this dance group and have used them often! They are so good and as you said invigorating, full of life and energy! Makes me wanna praise & rejoice...but I'm trying to get rid of a migraine but I still loved watching & being filled with LIFE!
Thanks for sharing FL! EnJOY TSMSS!
Love the purse!

God Bless,
Susan
author of the Princess and the Pee
Unknown said…
I am so happy you posted this song. This is one of my favorite songs! I love when we sing it in church. What a great video, their dance was wonderful!
I am Harriet said…
2 looks yummy- what ever it is :)

Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/man-goes-to-minnesota-vikings-ticket.html
Jocelyn said…
Happy TSMSS back at you! =D Have a blessed weekend - may God continue to smile on you!
Unknown said…
That smoothie looks so yummy. *sigh*, now i want one.
Deborah said…
What a fun song! I love the dancers.

My TSMS is found at my web page
http://holycamp09.wordpress.com/2010/02/06/first-things-first-i-surrender/
Anonymous said…
I like what the King did. Brilliant if ya ask me. Great video. I'm not very religious and I didn't think songs like that were done. Well done. And I love all your pictures. That first one of you? is well THE BOMB!!! Here's to a healthy year for all of us :)
Love the fruit smoothie! Looks so yummy! Love your list :-)
Brittany said…
Ohhhh I love #3!!! But that smoothie does look delish!
annies home said…
what a great song one that gets you up and testifying

love all your pink
kasandria said…
I agree with the pink shoes!
Cathy said…
I loved seeing those young people dance and praise the Lord. Thank you.
Blessings ~
Alicia said…
Loving that purse!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...