Skip to main content

H dreams and realities

Do your dreams and realities interlap?

1. Herbs. I vaguely recall being hazy on the indication that I "need to take a new approach toward some situation or relationship." Dream Moods Dictionary, which is my reference for today's T13 offers an alternative: "herbs are symbolic of healing and magic." I say AMEN.

2. Hero. Nope, didn't dream I was a hero but its significance on "innner strength and weaknesses; ability, determination and level of confidence" seems to be in the works for me. The power to "bravely face the secrets of my unconscious mind and confront life's challenges..." well, I need that power.

3. Hieroglyphics. I tend to drift with it whenever I visit art museums.

3. High Heels "represent femininity and glamour, you feel confident and self-assured." I am wearing Vivienne Westwood to a church concert, the Marinsky Ballet and a kick-ass meeting with university bigwigs tonight.

4. Hijack is "analogous to someone or something that has taken over an aspect of your life." Let me paraphrase this: I was hijacked by a shrivelled banana. It's true.

5. History. Art History, will you be my muse?

6. Hobby "suggests that you need to acknowledge your hidden talents or desires." If I ever have any talent it could be a desire fancying publication. Or vice versa.

7. Holidays. A long, big one and several quickies scattered every year.

8. Home is in most of my waking moments. I am building myself a charming little tropical cottage. Concrete makes me aware that it costs $*,***. Reality bites.

9. Honey "denotes that you need to be less meek and more honest in communicating with others" I have been brutal, baby! "Alternatively, seeing or eating honey in your dream represents gentleness, sweetness, compassion, wisdom, peace, longevity and joy." Now I'm not complaining.

10. Hazel is my name, an eye color, a Mac Software, a TV series, Harriet's dog, a tree....

11. Harmony. Chaos-causing heartaches, take a train to Timbuktu and begone!

12. Heaven. I mean Bryan Adams belting, "and baby you're all that I want when you're lying here in my arms, I'm finding it hard to believe we're in heaven..."

13. Happiness. 'Nuff said.

Megan and Janet hosts Thursday 13

Comments

Gel said…
Interesting post. I am fascinated by dreams. I like that you used the alphabet for all "H". I have done that, before, too. lots of new info for me here. Happy T-13.
i beati said…
makes me think Sandy
Caridad Pineiro said…
I wish I could remember my dreams. The only times I do have any memories are when they are night terrors.
CountryDew said…
I love my dream interpretation books. This is a very cool post for a TT! I like the alphabet idea, too.
Kharisma Rhayne said…
Very interesting 13 -- I love dreams...I think your subconscious knows a lot about you that you may not know.
I am Harriet said…
Love the happiness :)


Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/09/hispanic-heritage-month/
sherilee said…
I always love alphabet-themed Thursday 13s! And to mix in a little dream interpretation? Wild times!

Happy TT. Great post.
kim said…
hmmmm... very interesting! left you a KI$$, girl! hope i get one back, thanks!
Heather said…
What a creative idea for a Thursday Thirteen! Thanks for visiting yesterday!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...