Skip to main content

Mommy Moments: Kids in costume

mommy moments

Cj was a few weeks old when thoughtful Coco, my gradschool classmate got him a traditional Chinese baby costume, straight from Chairman Mao's capital. I waited til Cj was a bit fatter. Alas, during his very first christmas he fit right in! What use is his chinese descent if he didn't :) His late paternal grandfather, a pure chinese immigrant would have been proud to see him in this costume - a toothless, bald worm; giggling wiggling red.

Last year Cj attended a church-sponsored Saturday class for kids. Here they're about to dramatize Saul's persecution spree in Damascus. They acted as Saul's henchmen, so to speak. Obviously one of Saul's men prefers his bottle over a sword (did Saul's guys use swords? well, they couldn't have fired AK 47s anyway). I didn't insist on confiscating Cj's 'best friend' lest he wails and spoils this role-play.

One not very busy day when everyone, even Yaya Gwen was in a pleasant mood, we went freaky. This is admittedly taking advantage of a child's innocence ops (as in walang magawa) ... but can I just be a crazy mom for once? My desire to have a baby girl is soooooo not obvious, is it?

When Cj is old enough to rummage through mommy's cybercloset, discover this and question me, only then will I deal with this and maybe show him his normal Pooh or Spidey costumes. For now I think my blouse is his classic costume so far :)

Comments

Sarah said…
hi Hazel, your comment is really counted. Salamat.

Cute talaga ang anak mo. Looks great!
God bless
Hazel said…
hi Sarah, it's always a pleasure to exchange pleasantries with a fellow mom :) salamat din.
Mommy Jes said…
ang cute nmnng last pic =) kikay nakikay +) here's mine nmn - http://ishiethan.blogspot.com/2009/04/mommy-moments-14-kids-in-costume.html
Hazel said…
Jes, nahihiya't naiinis sya tuwing nakikita nya and pic na to... pasensya na nga at kung minsan umaander din ang tupak sa ulo ko hahahahah....
Lulu said…
love the last outfit! so cute!
Chris said…
so, your little one has some chinese blood? :) i am a pure chinese born and raised in the philippines :)
Beth said…
gusto ko ung biblical character outfit! pero wait, you have to think of a valid reason when he sees the last pic, :)
Hazel said…
@Chris, Cj's paternal grandfather is a Chinese thoroughbred. My ex-n-laws have blood relations in China. They visit Beijing once in awhile :)
Hazel said…
@Beth, I'm bracing myself lol! I hope he forgives me :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...