Skip to main content

Weekend Snapshot: Trouble in Paradise

Political protests at the Victory Monument were called off during Songkran (Thai New Year). However, while people were chucking water on each other, armed soldiers were still walking about, grim-faced and vigilant. There is trouble in paradise. But my friends and I decided that the Red Shirts could protest all they want; we have our own lives to entertain. Off we trooped to Dream World.


"Make love, not war"


Hanging nests and a friendly log to cross in 2-inch heels.





I wonder if those soldiers would stop looking dismal if these flowers were placed alongside their machine guns....


Tomatoes and chillis at the Australian Farm.



Our kids loved it here because the entire garden is air-conditioned.




Enjoying the holidays is no denial of the issue raging on in government. We simply chose to have a date with beauty and be happy about it rather than sit nervous and worried in front of the TV.

Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

Genefaith said…
wow...very nice sight!

Correct ka sis...enjoy the weekend...back to school kami may 1 pa..

Got an award for you for I love your blog! I love your blog award
dday said…
nice place for lovers. full of hearts! have a great week ahead. ^_^
JoyD said…
Oh yeah the news about it,, hope everything will be fine and also your family to be safe...... Its good you enjoyed the beauty .... mine is here http://whenmomtalks.com/2009/04/weekend-for-kids.html
Ebie said…
You are right "make love and not war" and be free as those happy flamingo! Those are beautiful amarylis!
What lovely photos! I'm sorry Thailand has to go through this. What a pitty.
SASSY MOM said…
Lovely garden. I love the flowers!
Indrani said…
Such pleasing shots to the eyes.
Felt sorry about the Thai's recent problems.
Arlene said…
Zel, the swans inthe fountain reminded me of Enchanted Ella movie. So now i know who is the girl swan in there. I wish cows can do that too or even dogs so that i know it's a girl or male. lol! So cute. This is such a nice place to visit and roam around.
Sunshinelene said…
oppss by the way, did you tag me?

wla lagi nako nakita ang link in my blog.
Genefaith said…
Hi sis...I recently bought a new domain for my blog Her_HisStory (http://genejosh-hyzyd.blogspot.com). It was changed to Her and History with URL http://www.genejostory.com.

Hope you'll update my account in your site..Thanks
Mirage said…
The flowers are stunning!
Carver said…
This was a fabulous post and wonderful photographs of paradise. So beautiful. I love the idea of flowers on guns. I'm sorry there is so much conflict going on around you and I think enjoying the beauty is a great idea.
Azumi's Mom ★ said…
Nice shots dear =)
khitara said…
Wow! Great photos! I love the kids inside the big red shoes. Have a great week ahead!
Anya said…
Lovely shots :)))))
Did you now
that wooden shoes
comes from the Netherlands.....
The idea was from Dutch people!!
I was looking on your site ,
I have very match interest
for your Country :))
Its very beautiful :)
Hazel said…
Oh yes, Anya. The shoes are definitely dutch :) Your windmills are even painted there :)

Thanks for dropping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...