Skip to main content

Neno's Award


I am bored to death! There. Finally got that out. But then I have always enjoyed observing myself through my own writing -- whether it's something I won't mind my son reading years later or it's something I, myself will fuss about afterwards. I guess I will. In most cases.

Loving and criticizing my own writing is one of my ideas of fun when not doing my day job.

So why do I love blogging?... I thought it was obvious, lol... (and I might raise half an eyebrow later over the phrase) It is my way of:

Connecting with my past - Those college paper editor days / That afternoon when I was offered a job to write for a newspaper, and I refused it; I didn't know where was my mind then. I was not taking drugs but I think my quick decision to not even give it a try was naive stupidity / That smile I allowed myself when an article I authored was published in a national women's magazine in the Philippines; and then years later I reread the manuscript and for the first time in my life I knew what it's like to implode with embarrassment at one's own writing style. Friends told me I was being hard on myself. Maybe I was; or maybe it was premature dementia. This is why I like history *wink*; not the numbers, just the gist.

Living with the present - Sometimes when the font of an entry is large, that's deliberate. One of my best friends-slash-occasional mortal enemy is reading my blog, and that's my mother (Hi Ma, you've always been thrilled by my offline notoriety, haven't you? lol). When she does, it saves me time telling family what I have been up to. I just hope some of my relatives will start blogging too so I don't have to keep wondering what's going on in their charmed lives. Outside family I appreciate the warmth of and friendly interaction with the people I meet online.

Having a glimpse of the future - Let's face it, life in the post-modern age is largely spent in cyberspace. I'll be watching which becomes more suitable for the human race as the years roll by: Technological determinism or the Inevitability thesis. I'm blogging while looking out which theory emerges with more impact.

This award:
* Seves as a dedication for those who love blogging activity and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
* Seeks the reasons why we all love blogging!
Instructions:
* Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it
* Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
* Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
* Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
* Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.

Thanks, Genebei for passing this award to me :).

Comments

Genefaith said…
WOW!!! I love the way you shared to us why you love blogging! You express something I couldn't express..he..he..thanks sis for sharing this to us..
Genefaith said…
sabi ko na nga ba..WRITER ka kasi it's obvious the way you organize your thoughts and the choice of words/vocab..it's a blessing to know you
Hazel said…
now now genebei, you make me shy...:)
caryn said…
hi hazel ;-) i agree with most of the points you discussed. putting down thoughts make them more concrete; like having an actual account of things that happen to you. that's what makes blogging fun for me too ;-)
Hazel said…
hi caryn, i thought my old maid personality was blabbing about why all this blogging lol! "points discussed" is rather generous :)

thanks for dropping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...