Skip to main content

Sunday Stealing: The Mud Meme


Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Miranda from the blog The Times of Miranda. She thanks to Mud for prodding some fodder her way, in the way of a meme. But, it was probably stolen at that blog as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Cheers to us all thieves!


Join the fun.

1. What are your current obsessions? travelling and quaint cottages

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? my old maid work uniform

3. What's for dinner? eating out by and by at a restaurant called Banana Leaf

4. Last thing you bought? food

5. What are you listening to? Dobby speaking to Harry (son is watching HP2 a few inches away)

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? Isis

7. Favorite holiday spots? beach and mountain resorts

8. Reading right now? RD, December 2006

9. 4 words to describe yourself. bored, resolute, robot, hopeful

10. Guilty pleasure? unplanned shopping; it happens once in a blue moon though

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? memories of college silliness

12. Planning to travel to next? Beijing or Tokyo

13. Best thing you ate or drank lately? pomegranate martini

14. When did you last get tipsy? weeks ago at Hard Rock; the first time in 9 years

15. Care to share some wisdom? Listen to Max Ehrmann :-)

16. Nicest thing anyone’s ever said to you? "Thank you, Mommy!"

Comments

Paula said…
Ah I wish I was going to Beijing....Have a great Sunday
Carleen said…
I watched HP2 yesterday, too -- talk about a small world! Happy Sunday to you and the HP fan. :)
I am Harriet said…
I forgot what's like to partake in unplanned shopping......
Hootin Anni said…
Every time we traveled, I always had to check out the Hard Rock Cafes. I think the best one was in Honolulu. They're great places.

My Stolen Meme is posted. Come join me? Have a great day.
Lisa G said…
Wish I were going to Beijing too! Have a happy Sunday :)
Arlne said…
Yeah zel, pareho jud ta answer sa # 7. hehehe

Thanks for dropping by!
Anonymous said…
Isis oooooooooh!!!!

and if shoppin happens once in a blue moon you are coast clear :)

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/04/mud-bath.html
Bud Fisher said…
You can't beat a pomegranate martini! Great job. Enjoy your day...
Maria's Space said…
Awww...thank you Mommy is a great answer.
Jayne d'Arcy said…
This meme had me running into quite a few HP fans. Funny that. Nice to meet you!
kalea_kane said…
Ah I love the idea of going away to the mountains or the beach for that matter. :) Happy Sunday!
Anonymous said…
Pomegranate martini sounds sooo intriguing!
Genefaith said…
this post is interesting...sis you're invited here..http://www.genejostory.com/2009/04/international-bloggers-community.html

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...