Skip to main content

A promising foretaste

It has been a fun-filled week. These are my faves:

Black Forest
Usually I resist and often I am successful. But just this once I gave in to one slice of chocolate delight. Sometimes I wonder about the status of my workplace: is this still a university or has it turned into a party hub? Ok, it's still a university where birthday parties happen. I'll worry about the expanding waist later.

Alone time
Work on Wednesday made me forget to eat. By the time I came back to my apartment I was famished. I treated myself to brunch at my favorite Japanese restaurant. Isn't it also lucky that I got seated right away?

Items that serve one's intended purpose
This sounds to me like a shopping result that's worth the money: books that kick off stress, footwear that weaves 5-second dreams of a suit-clad 21st century Cinderella and accessories that compel you to relax.

Time out with friends at an album promo tour
When you've done nothing but focus on your job for a long time, it's always fun to socialize outside work. Emotional and mental batteries get recharged.

A promising foretaste
Near the stage when the artist (of the album promo) belted out Whitney Houston's "don't... make... me close... one more door...." I remember a youtube clip of her singing the Star-Spangled Banner at the Dodgers last year. Charice is coming back to Bangkok in October with David Foster. There's a household name to look forward to.

Visit Susanne @ Living to tell the Story for more faves.

Comments

Melissa said…
Sounds like a great week! I don't think I could pass up a slice of Black Forest cake, either. :)
Hazel said…
Melissa, yielding once in awhile just had to be excusable :)
Susanne said…
I'm not a big cake eater but I love a good black forest cake! There is no way I could resist that.

I would love to see a David Foster and Charice concert. That girl is amazing.
Hazel said…
Susanne, I'm so looking forward to watching two amazing talents

Brenda, leave smiles on the face, don't they? :)
Jerralea said…
I love cake! Black Forest sounds really tempting.

I'm glad you have been able to relax with friends and enjoy life.
Hazel said…
Thanks, Jerralea. Nice week this was.
Anonymous said…
I love #3. It's neat to have some alone time plus some time with friends in a week.
Hazel said…
Barbara, I agree - alone and with friends. Man is indeed a social being :)
Cake, books, time with friends -- sounds like a recipe for a happy week to me!

Have a great weekend.
Indrani said…
You did have a wonderful week.
Have another rocking one. :)
Cindy said…
Owww, chocolate delight it sounds devilish.

I find a book is always a great escape, your right.
Willow said…
It sounds like you had a perfect mix of alone and party times, work and socializing. What a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...