Skip to main content

Test my sanity

Musical Monday: I hate myself for loving you
Scroll down for Monday Mayhem


Here's one of Joan Jett's popular recordings. Its "hard-edged, hard beat-driven rhythm" gets me moving today.


Amanda at Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday; and Denise at Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop.
*********************************
Monday Mayhem: The 5 on 5 Meme
Scroll up for Musical Monday

1. What are 5 things that you hope to accomplish this week?
- make sure e-exams are ready to go live by Monday next week
- finish those evaluation sheets
- read enough literature to put together a research inquiry
- email Dr T
- test my sanity by hanging up a poster of a shapeshifter

2. Name 5 reasons to sleep in
- internet addiction
- catching up on films
- online chatting with acquaintances I haven't heard from in decades
- pleasure reading
- insomnia

3. Name 5 of the 'interesting' things you've heard lately
- someone's been balmy and another one's been petulant
- my kiddo's occupational therapist finally called to arrange a session
- I've been a gooseberry
- Cebu Pacific continues to offer promo rates
- semester break is around the corner

4. Name and link to 5 bloggers.
pass

5. What are the 5 items that are always on your grocery list
a grocery list is not a feature of my civil status this time

Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem.

Comments

Run DMT said…
What a great pick this get me moving this slow moving Monday! You rock, mama!

Happy MM! :-)
Hazel said…
Denise, glad it's got you moving :)
Amanda Moore said…
Joan Jett is good anytime! She is such a babe...awesome!
Mimi said…
Great Monday morning choice. Helped to get my blood pumping!

Mimi
Hazel said…
Amanda, I agree. This is my fave among her hits.
Anonymous said…
Joan Jett...now there's someone to get you moving on Monday that's for sure. Thanks for sharing. I love your #5 answer...me too LOL :) Have a great week ahead :)
Hazel said…
Mimi, dont we need our blood going on a Monday lethargy... :)

Thom, that makes two on 5 :)
Artsnark said…
I hate myself for loving Music Monday too ;D Great way to wake up this week. Your Mayhem Meme is fun too
I am Harriet said…
Loved you grocery list answer. Thanks for playing!
Hazel said…
Thanks, ArtSnark and Harriet
Bubba said…
I guess three outta five ain't too bad.
Hazel said…
Eric, I think so :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...