Bangkok is boiling almost the whole year round. Except early this year when there was a cold wave and we wore warm clothes. Our electric bill was noticeably lower. I wished the cold went on longer. But for now we ward off the heat with just the AC.
We would have gladly jumped on a plane and gone home to Pinas, but I got myself involved in plans that need more time attending to than I pre-calculated. If my errand (which falls at the height of summer, God help me!) in Central Europe is cancelled, we would do one or two or all activities on this list:
- Go home and eat all pinoy foods we want.
- Walk on rice paddies and take a carabao ride at sunrise. I'm eyeing this activity for Cj and Mozart who haven't had the experience yet, poor boys.
- White river rafting and kayaking or a weekend in Lake Sebu - mainly for a couple of nieces and nephews who keep texting me, "Auntie, uuwi ka ba ngayong summer?"
- Watch Robin Padilla. This will have to be for myself, but any family member who can tolerate my new-found manic tendencies over this actor's charm is always welcome. Unlimited, stomach-bloating snacks are on me :)
- Turn Mama's yard into a mini-campsite. We will cook our food outdoors, install a hammock on that idle guava tree and maybe have a karaoke party, minus the noise. I don't want to torment neighbors with voices that are best kept on a low volume.
If I get stuck in Bangkok, I guess my son will just have to use his membership card at Siam Park and make do with the man-made lake there. Just how boring life could get! But now that I've listed these ideas, I really am getting excited. Come, summer come!