Skip to main content

Chat snippets

At night when work is done, two old maids chat. These are random snippets from their late night cyber tete-a-tete, which no longer is in this case. This is six weeks worth of observations of the state of things about and around them. Besides disclosures that one is a mama, and the other a medical doctor, most likely you can easily spot giveaways to infer their general philosophy and theorize their old maid status.

Header by Samulli. Megan and Janet have more lists here.

1. My stuttering fingers...

2. I dive feet first... Australia in October ... after suffering and embarrasing myself doing PhD I'd like something lighter like learn how to fly a helicopter and before the luggage joins the cobwebs - PEI: Anne Shirley of Green Gables; Chawton: Jane Austen


3. Happy sabbath, mareng (mareng is slang for matron) ... he probably doesn't know how patrician National Trust staff are


4. You? cry over a guy? no way!... 007 as in James Bond?... and you thought he's in touch with reality....

5. I chatted with Ivan on Facebook. He was looking for you. He said he liked secrets. I told him some things are better left unsaid... I'm glad there's a distance between us.

6. Stolen hours... clueless Florence Nightingale mutants ... a dangerous addiction

7. Neither of us have dates. We could howl at the blue moon during countdown

8. I hope the photos load properly then you can see my Robin Hood's merry men leggings... I didn't have time to buy a camera last night ... we'll just have to bear with my antique camera then

9. My OT was even worse before, 36 hours straight ... I love it here. No deaths, no CPR... would you practise medicine again? I'd love to see you with a steth slung on your neck

10. I miss my lunch hour to get a trim... though I miss my long hair that covered my back acne

11. Little guy discovered the wonders of the mouse... he drew my face on my research notepad, but he misplaced my eyes.... Alright you go lullabye first. I'm watching youtube's Blue Lagoon.

12. I'm getting bookish again; reading at night and doing the sweats... reading a book by a first novelist called Run for Home... I prefer the real book, not the ebook. I just love looking at a filled bookshelf especially if it's mine.

13. Real books have the advantage of readability in the prone, supine, and lateral decubitus position.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ROFLMA0 This is just too funny. LOL Number 10 is absolutely hysterical. ROFLMAO!! I think I have stuttering fingers from laughing so much after reading this. Brilliant my friend :)
Anonymous said…
clueless Florence Nightingale mutants ... a dangerous addiction

Now you've got me curious.

My TT is here.
Rossel said…
i love books too and we have plenty of them. i like your thursday thirteen.
Hi!

My fav is no.8 LOL good fun!

Here is mine – 13 Best novel first lines!
Unknown said…
Umm, is it okay that I'm totally confused lol Fun post. Happy T13!
Mia Celeste said…
Hmm. You always have the most interesting posts.
Hazel said…
Thom, you are brilliant with your fingers that are now stuttering from laughing :))

Alice, that was something mysterious even to the old maids

Rossell, thanks

Sassy Brit, I seem to recall Robin's men seemed to have been wearing leggings or that was just the way media portrayed them...

Adelle, it's okay, lol!

Brenda, hmm.. thanks :)
colleen said…
I feel like I've been eavesdropping. Is it fiction or real?
I am Harriet said…
Wonderful list!

Have a great Thursday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/they-said-were-not-laughing-at-you-were.html
I like a full bookshelf, too -- but I'm looking forward to the day when the books filling it were all written by me.
Anonymous said…
My friends and I always say "rented fingers" when said fingers are not doing the correct things.

- Celticlibrarian
http://fremontlibraries.wordpress.com
Anya said…
Bleu lagoon
:-)

So lovely movie :))))))
Hazel said…
sandy, thanks

colleen, this is real but since it is published and I know anyone could read it, there's no problem about eavesdropping :)

Harriet, it's indeed a great Thursday, thanks

Susan, it must be an awesome feeling for you when you reach that point. my best wishes!

Rebecca, now 'rented fingers' is interesting too

Anya, Brooke Shields :)))

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...