Skip to main content

Beach Paraders

Several hours after Countdown 2010, friends and I saw this group of people carrying instruments that sound along with some kind of chant. They also hand out pieces of dessert to people. As they go around parade-style they seem to be doing some ethnic dance moves.

And this is Hua Hin beach where we hang out on new year's day last week. The photo is not mine (courtesy to source on link). There was much chatting, eating and relaxing to take a shot of the beachfront.


Here's how Hua Hin Pages introduces Hua hin to visitors:

"If you enjoy walks through the quiet winding streets of a friendly coastal village, sampling delicious seafood in restaurants overlooking the brightly lit fishing boats on the Gulf of Thailand or a round of golf, Hua Hin could very well be what you're looking for. It has a special character all its own."

MyWorld Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the MyWorld team Wren, Sandy, Syliva, Louis, Fishing Guy and Klaus

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a lovely vacation spot, any of time of the year, I think.

Happy New Year.
Rajesh said…
Interesting place with beautiful beach.
SandyCarlson said…
That's a really amazing landscape.
Sylvia K said…
What a lovely and interesting place and like ewok, I think it would be a great vacation any time of year!

Hope your new year is off to a great start, Hazel!

Sylvia
Indrani said…
What a lovely place to hang out on a New Year's day!
Lovely!

Wish you a great year ahead.
Anonymous said…
Your world is beautiful Thanks for sharing it and the link :)
Anya said…
Oopssssss... I see SEA
I sit in winter wonderland with many snow and you had sea view !
I'm jaleous :(
I wish I was there now !!!!

(If you have time come over I have tagged you ...... LOL)
My name is Riet said…
Oh what a beautiful world you live in.Nice and warm, we are in the cold.
Japa said…
Some ritual, perhaps, to welcome a brand new year. Great place to be. Happy New Year!
Carver said…
Wonderful shots. Looks like a great place to bring in the new year.
Beautiful traditions.
Luiz Ramos
Hua-Hin said…
Hua Hin is a great place. more information about Hua Hin can be found on www.thailand-huahin.com

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...