Skip to main content

A Concert and a Trivia

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dionne Warwick Live in Bangkok
Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing

Sorting a visa problem doesn't have to be guantanamosh. The Thai Immigration Department gave me 7 days before they granted me a longer 365. I used the leeway making sure I didn't end up prosecuted as that's how the threat was stamped on my passport. So while our liaison officer was meeting lawyers, I was revelling in my Sunday night dreams with a hit maker.

photosource


One of the main things I bought the ticket for was a good video of a Warwick song that disappeared on youtube - I'll Never Love this Way Again. It felt good to finally hear it live and see the legend herself.

Bangkokians dispersing


That's What Friends Are For
was brilliantly performed. David Elliott Warwick did a great job singing for Stevie Wonder and Elton John's parts with his famous mom.


Chette and I lingered for awhile in this area after the concert

and here's on our way out of Thailand Cultural Center, the concert venue.

*****************************************

Sunday Stealing: The Trivia About Me Meme
Please scroll up for Our Weekend Memoirs


Today we ripped this meme off a blogger and blog named Astrid Paramita. She states that she stole it at BubbleBoo. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time.

Opening…

Do you get regular massages?
~ no

Do you have an answering machine?
~ no

What cuss word do you use the most?
~ it depends upon the emotional impact of the moment

Are you underweight or overweight?
~ idealweight

Can you see your veins?
~ if I slit my skin maybe

Favorite…

Soap?
~ it used to be The Bold and the Beautiful

Fruit?
~ mango

Kind of red meat?
~ beef

Fish?
~tuna

Candy bar?
~ the mint, lemony, chocolatey type

Have You Ever…

Eaten a whole bag of potato chips?
~ yes, a whole small bag of potato chips

Eaten lobster?
~ yes

Climbed a mountain?
~ yes

Been skydiving?
~ no

Been water skiing?
~ no

Do You…

Wish you could change something about your life?
~ yes

Like your nose?
~ I'm perfectly ok with my nose, thank you

Like salt and vinegar chips?
~ yes

Eat salsa?
~ no

Own a boat?
~ I own a coat

What Is…

A small thing that people let slide but that actually has dire consequences?
~ nosy memes

Your most macho trait?
~ I'm every inch a woman

The longest relationship you’ve ever had?
~ it was too long I forgot it

Your most embarrassing thoughts?
~ you have to read my thoughts to know

Your most shameful moment?
~ is there an award if I revealed it?

This/That…

Bath/Shower?
~ shower

Markers/Crayons?
~ crayons

Pens/Pencils?
~ pens

Jelly/Cream Cheese?
~ cream

Bagel/Toast?
~ bagel

Finish…

My greatest weakness is…
~ letting my mind wander too much

I wish I was…
~ already exploring if PhD really means Permanent Head Damage

Three things I wouldn’t do for a million dollars are…
~ kill, kill, remarry the ex

The oddest thing I’ve ever put in my mouth is…
~ some food that says chocolate but didn't taste anything like chocolate

Firsts…

Credit card you had?
~ wala

Loan you got was for?
~ learning what it's like to have a loan

Paycheck was for how much?
~ enough to buy grilled banana

Time you had stitches?
~ when a glass cracked open on my finger

Time you went to the hospital for something?
~ to be born

Lasts…

List everything you ate in the last 24 hours?
~ beef steak, veggie salad, green tea, fruits, noodles

Last thing you used a credit card for?
~ N/A

What was your job previous to the one you have now?
~ the same as the one I have now

Last thing you celebrated?
~ new year

Last time you were at a sports bar?
~ I don't do sports bars

Bud hosts

Click here to see what other thieves did with their steal

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmmm still have a hankering for the ex do we? ROFLMAO. We have several of the same answers or were on the same wave length. Great minds. Soap, Veins, weight and a whole lot of yes no answers. This was sorta dumb but oh well. I didn't even add any pictures...too much crap to have to answer LOL. You have a coat LOL but the best was I'm every inch a woman. Love it. Great answers. And speaking of women. You lucky dawg, err woman LOL you. I had forgotten that you were getting to see Dionne Warwick. Did she know the way to San Jose as well? What a beautiful venue it was too. Glad you didn't end up a jail bird LOL. Have a wonderful Sunday :)
Hazel said…
LOL!!! I wouldn't remarry the ex even if it was only him and me left in this world waaahhhhhahahah!
Your idealweight was a brilliant one. And yes, Miss Warwick knew the way to San Jose. I actually thought of you when she sang it :)
Anonymous said…
ROFLMAO!!! i knew it but what about a million bucks? ROFLMAO!!! As I said we had some of the same answers. Kindred spirit I would say. I'm so envious of you getting to see her. I love her. I'm honored you thought of me. Oh yeah I just put that song in a meme answer LOL. No wonder. Can't get much pass this old man LOL.
Hazel said…
Some mistakes are costlier than a million bucks, Thom. Ok, I'll take the million bucks, but NOT the ex lol! Kindred spirit - I love that. I remember your San Diego answer on a meme :)
Anya said…
You have always such a funny answers thanks for the smile (in the early morning here ;)

Have a relaxing sunday
(@^.^@)
Hootin Anni said…
I wish I could have typed "ideal weight"!!!

My Sunday Stealing is posted. Hope you can stop by to visit and view.

HERE
Bud Fisher said…
What ever you do, don't slit your skin for a stupid meme! :) Happy Sunday...
I am Harriet said…
Nosy memes- I know what you mean :)

Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-cuss-word-do-you-use-most.html
Be sure to join us for Monday Meyhem!
Ebie said…
Dionne is one of my favorite all-time singers! The choices of songs you picked are my favorites too. I have never seen her perform live (hehehe, living so closed to the Hollywood).

I hope those ladies will be able to sort out your VISA.

Enjoy the week!
Tara said…
Fun answers and direct. You did great.
kalea_kane said…
I use to like The Bold and the Beautiful too, but lately I stopped watching in order to avoid the strain in my eyes from rolling them all the time. Loved the pictures too. Have a great week!
Unknown said…
I didn't know Dionne Warwick still performs live. nice photos.

your answers are entertaining--made me smile.:p
Chubskulit Rose said…
Buti na lang magaling ang liason officer nyo and you get the chance to have a wonderful time watching a concert.

I am a bit late but I hope you can still take a peek on my OWM entry
EJ said…
What a great weekend you have!

Trying to catch up for my OWM entry, have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...