Skip to main content

First week of 2010 faves

Nowhere near any computer was I on new year's day. I was exfoliating my heels on the sand with seafood going on at our beach table in a resort town. Then twirls and drama fell and now let me see what faves do I get out of them:

1. Food, glorious food! Was it the new year or what... maybe the holiday cheer easily satisfied my palate. The restaurants met my culinary expectations so well. It's great not to mind the expanding waistline. That can be easily solved with work.

2. Meeting family and friends at the beach. We had lovely chat over an abundance of seafood. My cousins' kids surprised me with their sizes and heights. They're all growing like wild bamboos.

3. Location of our hotel was where much of the new year action was. Countdown was awesome. I was grinning ear to ear watching everyone hugging everyone when the clock struck 12. The crowd was 95% Caucasian. Auld Lang Syne played in my head after we chorused Happy New Year!

4. No more weekly commutes. After much drama, Ceejay now stays with me full-time. And that means I no longer have to travel 2 hours both ways each week to fetch Ceejay from his Dad's. There are worries about living arrangements but we are trying to sort them out within 3 months. I am determined to take advantage of our time together: more hugs, kisses and interaction.

5. Making plans that make me happy. I can't wait to execute them. At last with the ex out of the way I can raise Cj the way I want and think best.

Susanne hosts Friday's Fave Five. Visit her at Living to Tell the Story for more faves or to join.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a perfect FFF. The food and the family and friends...Ya can't beat that. I love your number 5...just awesome. Have a wonderful Friday :)
Kari said…
Great Five. Food and family and the commitment to be happy. That's great.
Happy New Year!
Melli said…
WOW! What a blessing getting CJ to yourself! But I can't help but wonder... will he not see his dad anymore? And won't that be hard on him? I know life is complicated after divorce with kids... I'm positive you are doing the very BEST whatever the circumstances!

Sounds like you had a fabulous New Years! Hope the REST of your year is JUST that good!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like such a fun New Year!

I had to chuckle at the phrase "growing like wild bamboo." Here we say kids are "growing like weeds," but it makes sense that the idiom would be different in different countries.

I am glad you have your son to raise as you see fit, at least for now. I am a child of divorce -- I know it gets complicated.
Carrie said…
Sounds like you had a very fun New Years!

Happy Friday to you!
Willow said…
I'm cheering for #4 and #5! Blessings to you and CJ this year as you figure out all the details.

Happy Weekend!
Susanne said…
Your new years sounds like it was lots of fun. Wishing I could exfoliate my heels in some real beach sand at a real beach! :v)
ellen b. said…
What wonderful fave fives for you this week! That is great that you don't have to make that commute!!
Have a great weekend...
Meeting family and friends at the beach sounds awesome!
Val said…
Sounds like a wonderful week and the start to a great new year.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...