Skip to main content

Meet Me Halfway Scenarios

Musical Monday: Meet Me Halfway
Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem

'You' in many love songs usually refers to a person, doesn't it? To me it doesn't. At least this time. It's not just emotions I'm putting on the line these days. It's something more. A new beginning of another life is what I'm putting my attention on. Another life? Did I just say that? Indeed I did. Meet Me Halfway meets the lyrical criteria of what moves me to meet a goal across the sky. And nobody sings it like Kenny Loggins.



Title: Meet Me Half Way
Artist: Kenny Loggins
Lyrics by
lyrics007

In a lifetime, made of memories
I believe in destiny

Every moment returns again in time
When I've got the future on my mind
Know that you'll be the only one

Meet me halfway across the sky
Out where the world belongs
to only you and I

Meet me halfway across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life.

In a lifetime there is only love
Reaching for the lonely one

We are stronger when we are given love
When we put emotions on the line
Know that we are the timeless ones

Meet me halfway across the sky
Out where the world belongs
to only you and I

Meet me halfway across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life.

Meet me halfway across the sky
Out where the world belongs
to only you and I

Meet me halfway across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life.

Diane hosts
head over to Good Mourning, Glory for more music

********************************

Monday Mayhem: Scenario Meme
Please scroll up for Musical Monday

1. You see a strange car pull up to your neighbor's house every day at lunch time. You accidental glance into the window of the house and notice that your 'happily married neighbor' is fooling around! What do you do?

Stay away. It's none of my business.

2. You are at the mall and a mom with really annoying screaming little kids is walking in front of you. She goes to give her kids a quarter for the giant gum ball machine and she accidentally drops a $10 bill and doesn't realize it. What do you do?

Tell her. Besides the fact that it's not yours, a $10 bill is not compensation for annoying kids. Now I am lecturing, lol!

3. You get an email from a candy company telling you that they will send you 6 pounds of delicious chocolate if you blog about their product. When you get the product and try it you realize that it is the worst chocolate that you have ever tasted. What do you do?

I won't blog positively about a product unless I 'eat' what I preach.

4. Texting while driving is one of the most dangerous and annoying things someone could do. Yet, what would you do if you were driving and listening to the radio when the announcer says that he will give $10,000 to the first person with your name that texts a message to him?

Nice try. But my life is worth much more than $10,000.00.

5. You've been invited to your boss's house for a dinner party. It's dark out and there is poor lighting when you get there. As soon as you get inside you realize that you have stepped in dog poop and you have tracked into your boss's house. What do you do?

Clean it up.


6. You are at a restaurant waiting for your food to arrive. You've waited nearly 30 minutes since the moment you placed your order when your food finally shows up. There is a hair on the top of the food. Do you send it back and wait another 30 minutes or do you deal?

If I'm not hungry - send it back. If I am hungry, I'll proceed to the nearest fast food.

7. If you had the power to do so, what would be the one question that you would like to ask anyone who reads this?

What kind of boss would have poor lighting and dog poop outside his house?

Harriet hosts click here for more mayhem

Comments

Anonymous said…
You always put such a spin on your Musical Mondays I love it and this so captures your point. Well done my friend. I liked him better when he was with Messina I must say.

LOL Love the lecture...maybe I should have listened before answering mine LOL You would clean up that poop? PFFFT...you kiss butt really well then ROFLMAO

Have a wonderful week ahead my dear sweet Hazel :) Hugs to you and CJ :)
Anonymous said…
Good song...awful movie....

Oh..and my boss would...too cheap to put the lights on...
Irishcoda said…
LOL, I like that ... what kind of boss has poor lighting and a dog that poops outside the house!
Diane said…
haha @ #7! and another great MM!
Hazel said…
Only my poopy tracks, Thom but thanks for pulling my leg lol!

coopernicus, I honestly have no idea what the movie is about, except for my awareness of Sly in it.

Irishcoda, I did wonder too :)

Diane, :) and thanks.
Amanda Moore said…
I love Kenny what a fantastic song to listen to on my Monday morning, Hazel have a great MM!
I am Harriet said…
Seriously, what kind of boss would have poor lighting and poop outside his house?

Thanks for playing!
Hazel said…
moorebloglife, I love Kenny too!

I am Harriet, the boss is getting more attention, isn't he? :)
Awesome and here's to you and your new beginning!!

Happy MM!
You had the nicest answers for Monday Mayhem.
Tara said…
I've liked this song as well, the lyrics just rocks and a liking not connected to any love emotions also.
Anonymous said…
My dear sweet Hazel...I want you to come back and look at that dog picture in Monday Mayhem...take a good look...It's a poop catcher ROFLMAO Maybe a PhD in poop is what ya need to go for ROFLMAO!!! Terrible...just terrible :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...