Skip to main content

Coconut husk


"... and you're travelling with your daughter, Ma'am?" asked the immigration official at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. He examined CJ's passport then looked at CJ and his shoulder-length hair. The official furrowed his brow. I stifled a laugh. At Bangkok Airport, the confusion scene was similar.

CJ's 'normal' hairstyle is short like most boys.

Sometimes a hair saloon would take the liberty of cutting him their version of stylish -

Once he wasn't aware of the camera in my hand. He turned and I clicked right into his long bangs -

Round and round Hong Kong, I had no idea his hair was this long already until this photo was uploaded. Only a few hours after we arrived home, CJ's grandma had his long hair trimmed very short.


Now he looks like a coconut husk floor scrub.


We're doing hairstyles this week @ The Mommy Journey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Umm. You said a mouth full. Poor CJ. Grandma needs to have it fixed. It's better short if you ask me but I'm partial to short hair. A girl! Pffft. The dude needs help. LOL
Hazel said…
LOL! But I think you're right Thom. Short is best for him. The dude indeed must have needed help waking up. We arrived in Manila at 4 AM something :D
Unknown said…
haha, but, in any type of hairdo, it suits him well, he's a cute little jetsetter huh
Mom-Friday said…
I always like the "bunot" hairstyle for kids. I had one when I was little! LOL!
Hazel said…
imriz, I'm glad you think any type suits him just fine :)
Hazel said…
Mom-Friday, BUNOT! that's it! It was right at the tip of my tongue but all I could utter was
"LAMPASO" lmao! Thanks for saving me from further vocabulary torment
:)))
Chubskulit Rose said…
HAhaha tawagin bang bunot ang anak lol.. Gwapo pa rin sis kahit anong hair style.

Hair Styles
Hazel said…
Ay talagang bunot sis, lalu na't sinusumpong hahaha!
Clarissa said…
hahahaa!!kahit ilampaso pa sa sahig ang buhok nya,kilig pa rin ako sa pogi looks ni CJ^_^
Hazel said…
Pogi looks lang yan sis pag natutulog lol!
Tetcha said…
I can't take my eyes off CJ's first picture. He looks so adorable in that hairstyle and in that get-up.
Bagay naman sa kanya sis lahat ng hairstyle nya eh. :)
kimmyschemy said…
hmmmm... various haircuts. but he looks good in any of it, lol!
Hazel said…
Tetcha, oh those were the days before something came up *sigh*
Hazel said…
Willa and Kim, you both really are moms :D
Ebie said…
Waaah, bunot, was CJ upset? Cute parin!
Hazel said…
Wa ra, 'te. Wala xa paki-alam ug hairdo. Camera sa jud iyang kalaban hehehe
Chris said…
hm.. i can't choose which one.. i think every hairstyle suits him!
Hazel said…
Chris, I can choose only one :D the long style. I gotta go find a daughter lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...