Skip to main content

Peace, people

Musical Monday: She Bop, Cyndi Lauper
Scroll down for Monday Mayhem

You are most probably aware of the controversy behind Cyndi Lauper's She Bop. Allusion, sticker, it's not like we don't know whatever. I hope you enjoy the beat at least. I do. Guess I always will.



Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday

Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

********

Monday Mayhem: The 6 best pieces of advice
Scroll up for Musical Monday

1. Someone playing this meme has music playing on their site and it is disrupting what you have playing on your computer while you play this wonderful meme. What's your best advice to people who auto-play music on their site? Make the turn off button easily accessible and functional.

2. What is your best advice to someone thinking about getting married? It's only the beginning so good luck.

3. What's your best advice for someone wanting to purchase a new phone? Check out iPhone

4. What's your best advice to offer to the younger generation? The sooner you mature, the better for yourself and everyone.

5. What's your best advice for anyone wanting to buy a car? Know what you want or need.

6. What's the best advice to give to everyone? Remember Desiderata

Harriet @ Harriet and Friends hosts Monday Mayhem

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mark me very Stupid with a capital S on my forehead but I had to Bing this to find out what the hell you were talking about...OMG...for the shame...PFFFT!!!!! She is still one of my all time favorites and always will be. Great choice. :)

Then I just get done Bining that baby and had to click on the link for Desiderata. Boy did I learn a bunch here tonight. :) Yeah Baby iPhone all the way :)

Happy Monday :)
Hazel said…
Thom, really? I didn't know you had to, lol! She's also one of my faves and I don't care about what people are fussing about. I just love the beat here.

Yeah, Desiderata. Good luck to us all :-)
Peggy said…
I didn't know what all the fuss was about either. Yawn, I still love her and she can still sing!
Thanks Hazel,
Hazel said…
Hi Peggy, maybe because the fuss wasn't directed at people our age, but those under 18 :D
Jewel said…
Nice song!
Much wisdom. :)
Have a good week!
<3 Jewel
Hazel said…
Jewel, much fuss with the wisdom too but well... :-)
Amanda Moore said…
Love Cyndi she was my Madonna she was always more real to me. Her perkiness can do a lot for any listener! Thanks so much Hazel have a wonderful MM day!
Hazel said…
Amanda, she is indeed perky, isn't she? I don't get anything else except that I like many of her songs :)
I am Harriet said…
I'm so with you on the iPhone!

Thanks for playing!
Run DMT said…
Just like Thom, I had to Google it to find out what all the hub-bub was behind She Bop. How did I not know that? I grew up with Cyndi Lauper, but I guess I was very naive. Wow. I guess girls really do just want to have fun! Nice. LOL ;-)

Thanks for the MM shout-out! You're a star! :-)
XmasDolly said…
I love Cindi Lauper, but I haven't heard this one in forever. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I have a musical meme also. Hope you can stop by and maybe sign in my linky to share your song. Rock on! Following you!
Bud Fisher said…
The only thing with the iPhone is that once you’ve put your iPod, camera and phone on one thing, if one thing breaks it is all at the shop. :)
Artsnark said…
Fun choice :D Very upbeat for a Monday (& just what I needed)
Hazel said…
Alrighty, Dolly. Thanks for the invitation.
Hazel said…
That's true, Bud. It is indeed something to consider. Thanks for adding that up.
Hazel said…
ArtSnark, I'm glad you got what you needed :)
Ebie said…
Controversial or not, Cindi L at her age still rocks!
Hazel said…
Oh, she does. Saw her on youtube recently doing a quick interview. She still looks... Cyndi :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...