Skip to main content

If I wrote a note

Musical Monday: Note to God by Charice on Oprah
Monday Mayhem follows

There's a twin issue currently hovering above my a** - a son diagnosed with PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder), and an ex-hubster who plays hardball about all this. I shoot questions and need answers.  Unfortunately this reality takes time to be sorted and moments trying to penetrate the core for possible solutions could seem frustratingly non-existent. At times I fancy communicating with a deity like this - 


This post is linked with:

XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice

Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop
 
*****
Q1. Do you think Twitter is taking over as the 'social media tool of the moment' (replacing Facebook who replace MySpace)? It has its purpose to people, just like FB. Determining whether is has taken over as the "social media tool of the moment" could be partly based on the stats which I haven't checked so in playing this by ear - nope. I don't think it's taking over exactly.

Q2. What are your thoughts on the one year anniversary of the Gulf Oil spill?
Verifying facts before forming opinions is as important as its effect on us. That the BP top guy - Tony Hayward is a Phd (Geology) at 22 intrigued me but it has yet to be checked against that honorary something Edinburgh U conferred on him. No time to do that further. A question mark forms in my head on: 
The offshore drilling in the Gulf approved by the Obama administration features the same blowout preventers that we now know are prone to blowout. The safety report from BP that is cited in these latest applications is dated 2009, before the Deepwater Horizon failure. This failure to enforce standards is unsurprising in an industry where the “impartial” regulators have significant connections to lobbyists. McGill Daily
Q3. What combination of items, that people will sometimes use, should never be used in making a sandwich in your opinion?  Everyone has different tastes. No olives for me.

Jonas is a vampire too? God, where was I all this time....

Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that Musical Monday video. It is awesome and I think so appropriate. No Olives huh? Hmmm Such a good point on BP. Do you remember how long the Exxon Valdez was in the news? This just dropped off the face of the earth it seems like. Odd.....
XmasDolly said…
whoa! That young lady has the most powerful voice I've heard in a long time! That was magnificent. Great choice. Thanks for playing along with us today, and we hope to see you next week too!
Stacy Uncorked said…
LOVE the song for Music Monday - I hadn't heard it before...gave me major goosebumps! :)

Spiritual Music Monday Blog Hops
Run DMT said…
Very powerful song and I can see why you chose it. I had to Google PDD to understand what you were dealing and my heart goes out to you, mama. Sending you many prayers of comfort and answers to get through these difficult time. (((HUGS)))
kimmy said…
i hope everything turns out fine for you, girl..
Anonymous said…
What a fantastic song! I'm sorry to hear what you're going through! Hope things get easier! x
I am Harriet said…
A couple of great video choices indeed. I think the lobbiests are the worst influences out there.
Thanks for playing and have a great week.
Classic NYer said…
That girl has a crazy powerful voice, doesn't she? Definitely star material, I think. Why don't i hear more from her?
Hazel said…
She's new on the block; all over the world in concert with David Foster and his proteges
Colette S said…
Wow!! I love it. Such a great voice.

Aloha!
Amanda Moore said…
What is the scoop on that little power house I wonder she is amazing!Sorry about your son and the issues with your ex I have been down that road,I know it sounds corny but it does make you stronger and in the end you'll win because you know you did best
(((((hugs)))))
Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...