Pages

Tuesday, 23 June 2009

My World Tuesday - One night in Bangkok

My first entry for My World Tuesday: The Bangkok Skyline at Night.

This shot was taken by a friend in January 2009 from the 84th floor of Baiyoke Tower II. At 328 meters high it is Thailand's tallest structure. Well, the tallest until Ocean Tower One in Pattaya, at the height of 367 meters, is completed in 2012. After having been around Bangkok for more than a decade, and despite shopping countless times right at the foot of Baiyoke Tower II, this is my first time to visit the place. It's about time I get to know a bit more of my neighborhood.


Welcome to my world!



17 comments:

Island Rambles Blog said...

That was a lovely night time shot from up so high...My World is always an adventure to see all the different places.

Dora said...

Beautiful scenery!

magiceye said...

that sure is a wonderful view from all the way up there!

Anya said...

Fantastic shot Hazel :)

SandyCarlson said...

That is quite an impressive view!

Dina said...

Shalom Hazel. Thanks for your visit to Jerusalem and your comments. And thanks for reminding me of the name of the hymn that I was humming; I'll correct it in my post.
Nice to see your big city. Unfortunately the only part of Bangkok that I have been in is the airport.
See you again. Shalom

Arija said...

Nice aerial shot as long as you didn't dive down, you might have damaged your camera.

Babooshka said...

That's a magical night scene cityscape.

Luiz Ramos said...

Great your Bangkok World.

Esther Garvi said...

What a cityscape! The view is awesome!

Pacey said...

Scenic spot and love the aerial shot.

Marites said...

lovely shot! It's been a long time since i've been to Bangkok. I'll make sure to get to that tower.

Rajesh said...

Marvelous shot of night life of the beautiful city.

antigoni said...

Great post and photo!

nadia said...

Excellent shot, Hazel! I know how tough it is to take night shots, and the pictures somehow don't seem to do justice to the beauty seen by the naked eye, but this one's beautiful!

Jedediah said...

Beautiful shot. It reminds me a bit of Blade Runner!

Karen said...

That's a wonderful view from high in the sky..

Great night shot !!