Skip to main content

Hard Rock Bangkok

Last night was the second time I attended an alumni meet because a few friends were there. They're the only reason I show up. If they're not around, I stay home and go cyber. The first time was also my first time to realize that I have been gone from the hilltop (our fond name for alma mater dear) for quite awhile. People were seated according to batches of five years, and oh-oh... I no longer belong to the pediatrics. The nursing home draweth nigh, *pita*

Classes of 1990 - 1995 (Read: oi! hindi pa kami laos lol!)

A
pattern is forming. Last night I repeated what I did with schoolmates after the meet: proceed to Hard Rock. The place looked brighter, and a friendly server dropped by our table to make small talk that left me both smiling and furrowing my brow.

She pointed at my neck cheerily, and asked ....

"Sorry?," I hollered thru the blare of Guns N Roses' Sweet Child O' Mine.

"Your necklace," she bellowed, "torquoise?"

This time I heard her, "ah yes, solid. All of it."

She swayed her hips to the next table. I got ready for another puff while two love birds near my butt were feeling the moment.

A concoction of Jack Daniels, vodka, lime, and I forgot the rest replaced my pomegranate martini from the previous post-meeting night out


I didn't know HR staff do this. I must have been boringly cocooned for too long


We danced in front of the band a few minutes before calling it a night. Or morning. An hour or two had probably passed after the clock struck 12

Doing Hard Rock once or twice a year is just perfect. Til the next alumni meet....

~ OWM is brought to you by Ebie and Arlene ~

Comments

Anonymous said…
Boy I haven't been out to the Hard Rock in a long time. I'd be lost LOL. Looks like you had a real fun time and danced the night away...well at least until the stroke of midnight Cinderella LOL. Have a great Sunday :) Aloha
Al said…
Haha...sounds like hardcore fun you got! Thank you for dropping by my blog...now that we are getting ourselves dry...hmmm time for some nite out! I have missed it!
Hazel said…
Thom, drop in there once in awhile :-) and yeah Cinderalla's got to be home before midnite lol!

Al, I wish you'll find the time soon to chill after Ondoy.
Jade Nguyen said…
I see you had fun time. That's what all people need. Fun!Fun!
Arlene said…
ohhh beautiful ladies! that reallly made me proud to be a product of the hilltop coz ladies never grow old. I wonder why chette is not in that batch photo. :)

nice weekend get away, zel! thanks for joining us this week.

Arlene
Hazel said…
She wasn't very far, len; just wasn't sitting with us when the camera clicked.
Willa said…
sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend.
Anya said…
I am missing my hard rock years
:(
On the pictures it looks like you had a GREAT time ^____^

and loved also hard rock :))
Chubskulit Rose said…
Wow sis, honetly ikaw ata pinakabata sa kanilang lahat hehehe... Ganda nitong meme, can I join?

Nostalgic Marveling
Etcetera Etcetera
Spice up your LIFE!
Obstacles & Glories
Unknown said…
it's been a while since i've been to Hard Rock Cafe. it's always fun to go out with former classmates.
Ebie said…
Wowowow! Singin' and grovin' a blast!! Its been a while since I've been to Hard Rock. Funny about alumni reunion, our group would always be the "youngest"!! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing your fun at OWM.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...