Skip to main content

Infant Memories

"Memories dating to the third or fourth year, and even occasionally to the second year, are generally given credence; but there is widespread skepticism regarding those attributed to the first year. Is this justifiable scientific caution because of the difficulty of verification, or merely prejudice? How can we decide whether something supposedly remembered really occurred?" ~ Melitta Schmideberg, M.D. on Infant Memories and Constructions, Psychoanalytic Quarterly

The year was 1971. I was a few months old and I remember water dripping gently on my head from the roof of this house we lived in. Bathrooms and comfort rooms were usually separate from the houses back then. My mother said that she was indeed going to give me a bath when someone with a camera passed by.

In later years I remember someone called "Auntie Bebot." She was pretty and pleasant. She loved to pop up in our living room or kitchen. She did it when Mama's dashing younger brother, fresh from military training would visit us. I also remember being told that this Auntie Bebot had a crush on my uncle and she was trying to get his attention at the pretense of giving us a sack of chicos. Oops.... =)

~ Visit Alicia of More Than Words for more flashbacks ~

Comments

More Than Words said…
What a darling photo!!!

And you were born the same year as my hubby!
Anonymous said…
CJ comes by his looks honestly. Cute photo. Dang I'm lucky to remember yesterday let alone my childhood. LOL
sweet_shelo said…
wow cute flashback.. Great that you still have it.
Veronica Lee said…
He is sooooo cute!!

Have a great FF!!
Chubskulit Rose said…
Nyahahahah I love the story behind this photo sis.. Ang cute cute mo nung bata ka, sarap yakapin tsaka kagat kagatin ng cheeks lol..

I dug out my high school memories hehehe.
EJ said…
oh my, isn't it great to look back to our cute baby pics. Lovely!

Check out my Goofy Childhood mage hehehe..
nicquee said…
The one who took this shot can't resist your charms! Thanks to that person you have lovely baby pictures.

I joined too.

http://hunnynicquee.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-photo-flashback-3-4th-grade.html
Ebie said…
Aint you a cute little darlin! And such a lovely memory to go with it. (pssst, this year, I was in third year HS) Nyahhaaa!

I have only a few old photos...
Happy said…
Cute, cute, cute, cute! Love a cute baby picture!
Janice said…
Oh this is an unusual photograph, imagine you remembering from when you were so young.
Erin said…
What a cute picture and the fact that you remember that is fabulous! The story about the girl having a crush on your uncle is funny. I'll bet it makes you smile when you think of it.
Unknown said…
What a cute baby you were! Love the chubbiness! ;) Do you really remember way back then? My first memories are of when I was 4.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...